Working using KITAP

Hi,
For KITAP holder to be able to work in Indonesia, do they need to get sponsorship from the company just like KITAS process?

Thanks!
B

dafluff

Cager
Yes, assuming you're talking about work KITAS. Spousal (or ex WNI) KITAS/P is a bit different.

I am referring to Spouse sponsored KITAP. My wife is WNI and she sponsored me KITAP that I currently hold but expiring this coming December. I am contemplating if I should renew it because I live move of the time in US and travel to Indo only for short vacation every year and now considering renewal will cost me Rp 10M and I dont feel the need/use of it, I am thinking of surrendering my KITAP.

However, if by having KITAP I can bypass some work regulation (e.g. make it easier to work/no need company sponsorship), I may renew it.

dafluff

Cager
I am referring to Spouse sponsored KITAP. My wife is WNI and she sponsored me KITAP that I currently hold but expiring this coming December. I am contemplating if I should renew it because I live move of the time in US and travel to Indo only for short vacation every year and now considering renewal will cost me Rp 10M and I dont feel the need/use of it, I am thinking of surrendering my KITAP.

However, if by having KITAP I can bypass some work regulation (e.g. make it easier to work/no need company sponsorship), I may renew it.
Well, there is no difference between same category KITAS and KITAP in terms of work situation.
A work KITAS has exactly the same requirements as work KITAP (ie. RPTKA/IMTA required, etc).

A spousal/ex-WNI KITAP has the same exact work stipulations as a spousal/ex-WNI KITAS. (there are tons of discussions already as to what those stipulations are, you can look around).

So in your case, as long as your wife remains WNI, you can always get spousal KITAS, there is no point in holding on to the KITAP.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
If you hold a spouse sponsored ITAP, yes you can get a work permit in addition to that- the employer has to process it though.

Well, there is no difference between same category KITAS and KITAP in terms of work situation.
A work KITAS has exactly the same requirements as work KITAP (ie. RPTKA/IMTA required, etc).

A spousal/ex-WNI KITAP has the same exact work stipulations as a spousal/ex-WNI KITAS. (there are tons of discussions already as to what those stipulations are, you can look around).

So in your case, as long as your wife remains WNI, you can always get spousal KITAS, there is no point in holding on to the KITAP.

Yes I agree with you on this case I decided to surrender my KITAP upon my return to Indo this year because I don't have plan in the near future to stay in Indo for a long time and just because I have KITAP I was "forced" to return every year just for the sake of keeping it alive.
If down the road I have job there then I can re-apply for KITAS/KITAP since the process will be the same and yet both still need employer paperwork.

Thanks again!!!!

jstar

Mr. 10,000
If you hold a spouse sponsored ITAP, yes you can get a work permit in addition to that...
It's a bit more complicated than that. Yes, they (normally) will allow it but in fact it goes against their own regulations.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
It's a bit more complicated than that. Yes, they (normally) will allow it but in fact it goes against their own regulations.

Only saying what I know for a fact.
I had one.

So the bottom line is if you have spouse sponsored KITAP/KITAS and if you want to work in Indonesia, better have IMTA or sponsor from company

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellmer
Top Bottom