Working KITAS - options to stay further

dysam

Hello, I am an ex-Indonesia, currently lives in Indonesia on working KITAS sponsored by a Company. I moved to Indonesia in 2019 - one of the reason was due to the elderly parents and I was lucky enough to find a Company who sponsored me.

Now, I am wondering what would be my options if I would like to settle in Indonesia - other than renouncing my Indonesian citizenship?
  • In case I move to another employer for another working KITAS, how complicated would it be? I understand I have to change the sponsor, but does it mean I have to leave Indonesia?
  • In my case, do I have option to apply for KITAP? What would be the difference between KITAS and KITAP in terms of working in Indonesia?
  • I heard that setting up a business is very expensive for foreigner. If my relative has a business (PT), and if I work in the PT, would I be able to get sponsor?
If there is no other way, I might have to consider to renounce my Indonesian citizenship, anyone has experience of doing that? I am wondering how complicated would it be.

dafluff

Cager
Hello, I am an ex-Indonesia, currently lives in Indonesia on working KITAS sponsored by a Company. I moved to Indonesia in 2019 - one of the reason was due to the elderly parents and I was lucky enough to find a Company who sponsored me.

Now, I am wondering what would be my options if I would like to settle in Indonesia - other than renouncing my Indonesian citizenship?
  • In case I move to another employer for another working KITAS, how complicated would it be? I understand I have to change the sponsor, but does it mean I have to leave Indonesia?
  • In my case, do I have option to apply for KITAP? What would be the difference between KITAS and KITAP in terms of working in Indonesia?
  • I heard that setting up a business is very expensive for foreigner. If my relative has a business (PT), and if I work in the PT, would I be able to get sponsor?
If there is no other way, I might have to consider to renounce my Indonesian citizenship, anyone has experience of doing that? I am wondering how complicated would it be.

A bit confused here...did you mean resume/reapply for your Indonesian citizenship instead of renounce?

Anyway, changing employers is not complicated, usually, the company should handle everything. As of right now, Indonesia still allows on-shore visa applications, so you wouldn't even have to leave the country.

If you are an ex-Indonesian citizen and have a WNI family member sponsoring you, you can get a KITAP. In terms of working in Indonesia, for formal work (ie. at a company), you will still need the company to process an IMTA for you. Your relative's PT can sponsor you as an employee, same as any other PT.

dysam

Yup, I was meant to say resume the Indonesian citizenship - if it is the only option.

For the ex-WNI KITAP, does it have any condition that I only can apply after few years on KITAS, or can I apply for KITAP ex-WNI right away? Also to confirm my understanding from the reply, KITAP ex-WNI has rights to work with any employer, and the employer would just need to process the IMTA?

centurion

Cager
As an ex-WNI, you have to apply for KITAS first, and apply for KITAP, which can be done immediately after ex-WNI got the KITAS.

Ex-WNI KITAS/KITAP has the right to work by the Immigration Law, however, the employer would have to have some knowledge to process the work permit as this case is not very often.

You cannot resume your Indonesian citizenship, as it was revoked. Getting citizenship again, unless you are not married to an Indonesian citizen, is a long and expensive process, the applicant has to be vetted by BIN and citizenship is granted directly by the President.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hindustanuniv
Top Bottom