Working as a musician on a spouse sponsored ITAP

Mas Bro

Is it possible (legal) to work as a musician on a KITAP sponsored by my Indonesian spouse? I apologize if this is the wrong thread to be posting in.
FYI, I am playing at local venues with a band. The venue then pays the band cash, and I get a portion of the income which is given to me by
the band leader.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Is it possible (legal) to work as a musician on a KITAP sponsored by my Indonesian spouse? I apologize if this is the wrong thread to be posting in.
FYI, I am playing at local venues with a band. The venue then pays the band cash, and I get a portion of the income which is given to me by
the band leader.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

As far as I understand it, yes, it's ok.

Thanks for that William. Does anyone else have thoughts on my situation? Atlantis? I would really hate to get deported. I have been living in Indonesia 14 years, and I consider it home.
Thus far I have been taking the risk and playing gigs while always looking over my shoulder. A bit unnerving. I have even considered becoming WNI, but not sure if it is worth the arduous
effort required to do so.

I would say that it is covered by art.61 UU 6/2011. To my knowledge there are no special regulation related to your profession to consider (unlike for example to be a teacher, a doctor...etc) and therefore you should be safe. Even if you work everyday and whatever the amount of money you get paid for it.

However, it doesn't mean that Nakertrans would not like to know a bit more about you and your employer(s) but if your activity is as you've described it (meaning working for local venues, ie different places and not only one and only one company).

If I can give you an advise: How assertive you are in defending your position is what will make you safe or not. I have described in detail here and in another forum what my activities are. I have never hided and have explained why I believe what I do is legal and both Nakertrans and Imigrasi in my region obviously decided to ignore me despite the fact that our volume of activity is way above the volume of the typical small family business.

Have you read most threads on this topic of working on a spouse ITAS/ITAP, either in this forum, or in the old forum? They give a bunch of details on why it is legal and what to say to anyone looking for troubles.

Hello Atlantis,
Would it help the situation at all if the wife started a CV company with whatever applicable SIUK and could invoice the band for the percentage? Enter an agreement with the band with her as the director and contract with the band to supply (and invoice) for a consulting performer (with no salary, regular working hours or title)? I'm wondering for myself if these similar steps that I've taken to assist my wife's consulting business are firming up what is permitted for KITAP holders.
Thanks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats