Wonders and curiosities

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
I often forget the different lives lived between my hubby & I.
Yesterday we were looking in the hardware store and a machine caught his interest.
What is it, he asked?
Me, very blase: a dishwasher.
"For what?"
I explained and then watched his face transform from confusion to wonder.
I love little nuggets like this that crop up in our lives from time to time.
Have any of you recently had similar experiences with your friends / family?

My wife wanted us to buy a dishwasher for our new house, so we did. Two years later, still haven't used it. Since we already have a manual dishwasher (aka the pembantu). Apparently it is there just to impress visitors.

I - as a man - ask those questions all the time .. standing in front of a make-up table, looking at all that make-up stuff and tools.

Reactions: LRB
Choice of langue is sometimes funny. Like the time my wife told the mosquitoes that they can't park here.

My wife wanted us to buy a dishwasher for our new house, so we did. Two years later, still haven't used it. Since we already have a manual dishwasher (aka the pembantu). Apparently it is there just to impress visitors.

Of course that’s the whole point of the dapur kering; showing off and make the space visually appealing but still like it’s lived in. The wet kitchen is where it happens. (Not only here in RI btw, see Uncle Roger’s remarks.)

I have island hoods with built in filters from this Italian brand installed and nobody knows what it is. Great conversational pieces. And “oh” and “ah” reactions when I demonstrate how to use them with the wireless remote.

This is the opposite btw; I was a bit stunned when at the time I found out the diapers for doggies is considered rather normal.

And in some malls as MOI and Central Park now it’s mandatory if you want to take a dog.

B096407C-F286-4DEE-B84A-8607DF347422.png

This is the opposite btw; I was a bit stunned when at the time I found out the diapers for doggies is considered rather normal.

And in some malls as MOI and Central Park now it’s mandatory if you want to take a dog.

View attachment 3017
the fact that they even allow dogs is already quite amazing to me! I usually observe people who I think might be muslims as the dogs walking by or approaching them...some wanna take pictures...some show terror on their faces and step aside in a hurry...

Wonders: When you see everybody is jumping on the glutten free bandwagon and food sellers trying to sell it to me as 'diabetic friendly'. or 'low sugar soto' when you try it and tastes like they dumped about 2 tbs in that soup.

the fact that they even allow dogs is already quite amazing to me! I usually observe people who I think might be muslims as the dogs walking by or approaching them...some wanna take pictures...some show terror on their faces and step aside in a hurry...

And sometimes even the dog has a nanny…

F06869BA-6DA2-48CF-9207-6E487D071864.jpeg

Speaking of dogs at the mall…I wonder… about parents not correcting their kids when they run screaming and are annoying in the restaurants. And there are a lot of them.

Speaking of dogs at the mall…I wonder… about parents not correcting their kids when they run screaming and are annoying in the restaurants. And there are a lot of them.
Then they give the kid a video game and of course the volume's cranked up to 11.

I wonder why Caviar is so expensive.
Albino Caviar is sold for EUR8.500 or Rp 138m per Kg
MK_GettyImages-1200946659jpg-JS749835351.jpg

IMO The taste does not justify the price.
You could get fresh Flying Fish eggs in Indonesia for around Rp500k-1m perKG and taste better in my personal opinion.

telur-ikan-terbang.jpg
aee3c1a8-1799-4ce1-868d-dfb198a32a99.jpg

I wonder why Caviar is so expensive.
Albino Caviar is sold for EUR8.500 or Rp 138m per Kg
View attachment 3025
IMO The taste does not justify the price.
You could get fresh Flying Fish eggs in Indonesia for around Rp500k-1m perKG and taste better in my personal opinion.

View attachment 3026View attachment 3027
Because it's status food and the supply is very limited.

Flying fish eggs are not caviar
Its like saying you can drink cava instead of champagne it's cheaper

Its 2 completely different things.

Because it's status food and the supply is very limited.
Yes, it's a niche market and that's why some farmers (and maybe in the next couple of years all of them) in The Netherlands switching from farming cows to farming sturgeon fish. It's a really easy operation. The only downsize is that when you start now farming, harvesting the caviar is 2 years later.
So, when you guys wanna make some money? let's start up this business!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back