Winner of The Voice in Germany ...

jstar

Mr. 10,000
.... is Claudia Emmanuela Santoso from Indonesia (Cirebon).

That’s quite an achievement.

Normally I don’t care for these (Simon Cowell & Endemol) programs and I’m not interested in those X Idol / X got talent / X Factor shows but I think The Voice is one of the better ones Well, the American version at least, I’ve seen some European garbage too with fake conflicts etc.

Well done.

While not a regular watcher of these programs, as I hate the way people are exploited and the cruel delays to bring drama to decisions, there have certainly been some incredible voices emerge across this kind of format. But it is an industry process that lifts people up to the heights and, with many, only to dump and forget them shortly after. I just hope this talented young Indonesian lady has kind experiences.

Her story is quite inspirational. He tried out on various contests in Indonesia and never actually secured first place. Apparently multiple failures doesn’t stop her.

I hate to say this, but Indonesian judges are probably looking for a “complete package”, somebody who can sing and looks good on the album cover a la k-pop and j-pop. It takes Germans to appreciate her for her voice alone.

Now that she won, every Agus, Budi, and Iwan will profess their pride of her achievement. Without The Voice, most of them wouldn’t even glance at her twice.

I hope she makes it in Germany, most of her compatriots didn’t appreciate her until today.

Besides some news, I watch two shows. The US Voice and The Blacklist. That's enough TV for a week.

I am sure the young lady is appreciated by another European Indonesian star. Aggun

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back