Wife sponsored Kitas but KTP is not registered in city where we will be living

mrhermano

Hi I have 3 questions that I have not been able to find an answer to here on the forum:

1. I will move to Indonesia with my wife next year and her KTP is registered in Jogja, but we will be living in Sumatra. Would it be best for her to report relocation to Sumatera and get her Kartu Keluarga there instead of Jogja or should she try to do everything in Jogja since her parents live there?

2. Since she does not have kartu keluarga I will be travelling on a socbud visa sponsored by an organization I will volunteer for, so I need to go out of the country to get a Vitas after getting Kartu Keluarga and then get back
to get Kitas. If we do this in Jogja, will it be okay to report relocation to Sumatera and there go from Kitas to Kitap or will she be needing a new KTP?

3. Also when I enter on a socbud visa sponsored by someone else than my wife would it be possible to make that into a wife sponsored kitas or do I have to apply for Vitas and go out to get the visa in Penang for example?

I've seen this many times; the WNI spouse 'feels' it's a good thing to keep the KTP and KK on the former address (with the parents) for as long as possible. And in fact I can't think of any reason besides laziness. But it will bite you both in the leg afterwards.

1. Have her change the KTP to the new address, and make a new KK. That will avoid many issues down the road. (KITAP, KTP for you.) Don't forget they will visit your home address.
  2. You make it very very complicated. Then both of you need to change your home address, so visit Imigrasi and RT/RW/Catatan Sipil again for all formalities.
  3. The latter. But again; if you have your wife sponsor your SosBud on the new address it would be a much more streamlined process. But I guess all trips and the yayasan sponsoring is already arranged?

What @jstar said.

Basically make sure your wife's KTP and KK is up to date, then everything for you follows after that. Your wife will not be able to sponsor your KITAS/KITAP on a KTP with wrong address because it will make the home visit awkward...

I've seen this many times; the WNI spouse 'feels' it's a good thing to keep the KTP and KK on the former address (with the parents) for as long as possible. And in fact I can't think of any reason besides laziness. But it will bite you both in the leg afterwards.

1. Have her change the KTP to the new address, and make a new KK. That will avoid many issues down the road. (KITAP, KTP for you.) Don't forget they will visit your home address.
  2. You make it very very complicated. Then both of you need to change your home address, so visit Imigrasi and RT/RW/Catatan Sipil again for all formalities.
  3. The latter. But again; if you have your wife sponsor your SosBud on the new address it would be a much more streamlined process. But I guess all trips and the yayasan sponsoring is already arranged?

1. How long does it take to change address and what's the best way to do it? We have to go to Jogja to do it right?
2. Can my wife sponsor my SosBud even though she does not have a kartu keluarga and it does not say that she is married on her KTP? We have a legalized marriage certificate from Indonesia where we got married 7 years ago. Is there any step by step guide for SocBud sponsored by wife? And how to convert it to Kitas?
3. Maybe it will be a problem with the SocBud since she is still registered in Jogja, but we will live in Sumatera? Therefore it would be better to come on the visa that our organization is planning on getting and go to Penang for example to get Vitas after she has reported relocation to Sumatera?

1. Yes she will need the ‘old’ and the ‘new’ Pak RT. For a statement of change of address and up the chain (Pak RW and Kelurahan). KK can be combined with KTP. If she already has an e-KTP it’s just a matter of days, otherwise you could encounter surprises.
  2. Of course. Even people who plan to get married here get sponsored by their fiancée. There is a thread about converting SosBud to KITAS and @dafluff wrote about the VITAS route on the global website.
  3. Theoretically you can extend the SosBud a couple of times and then do the conversion in Sumatra but you’re right; I’m not sure if you could encounter problems moving while you’re in the process of the application. Imigrasi has offices per regency or Kota and I don’t see it happening a file will be transferred to another branch.

I just got Kitas in Bali even though my wife's KTP and KK are still registered in Jakarta. Also, fyi there is no longer a home visit for Kitas.

We had a home visit in Jimbaran for my Kitas application in the first half of this year and then another visit when we applied for Kitap. Quite a few times we have had conflicting advise about procedures from different Immigration officers.

We had a home visit in Jimbaran for my Kitas application in the first half of this year and then another visit when we applied for Kitap. Quite a few times we have had conflicting advise about procedures from different Immigration officers.
The Denpasar imigrasi office does the Kitas interview in their office, as a separate appointment along with biometrics and photo, three business days after reporting and submitting the relevant physical docs pursuant entering Indonesia on a Vitas.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back