White Grape Juice

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Red grapes experiment finally has some success...detouring to white grapes juice. Almost impossible to find. Doesn't need to be Welch's but curious where can I find non-carbonated white grape juice? Have searched all Ranch Market's (even Kemchick)...to no avail.

Second item...5-6 liter carboys..where can I find them? Doesn't need to be glass. Good quality plastic one also acceptable.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Now that one was rather easy but I guess you don't want a minimum order of 1.000 bottles on Ailbaba, so it was a "jual botol kaca" instead: http://www.jualbotolkaca.com/2015/12/botol-kaca-6-liter-dan-botol-kaca-unik.html

I think most are dark color since they use recycled glass.

Yes, I have only seen the white grape juice in sparkling versions (as some kind of halal champaign alternative) or very very expensive tiny bottles for slimming purposes (so similarly used as apple vinegar or so).

Zavia

Charter Member
Cager
i thought 7/11 has white grape juice, Welch.
Some months back it was at a stupidly low price and I kept buying em.

Davita

RIP
Charter Member
A pal of mine, making his own wine, used to visit Bali and pick his own grapes and ship them in a box back to Jakarta. He had a special room in his basement where he squeezed them before blending, fermenting and filtering into white wine. Very drinkable but I did prefer his rosé and reds.
I recall he did import some kit stuff from OZ and sourced the rest from Singapore or local.
I'm out of touch with him but wouldn't be surprised if many wannabe winemakers still have equipment and want to get rid off....must be some bule adverts like 'Bali Advertiser' to see what's available in Jakarta.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
i thought 7/11 has white grape juice, Welch.
Some months back it was at a stupidly low price and I kept buying em.
Most 7/11 are closed so I'll have to try my luck to see which ones are still open.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
A pal of mine, making his own wine, used to visit Bali and pick his own grapes and ship them in a box back to Jakarta. He had a special room in his basement where he squeezed them before blending, fermenting and filtering into white wine. Very drinkable but I did prefer his rosé and reds.
I recall he did import some kit stuff from OZ and sourced the rest from Singapore or local.
I'm out of touch with him but wouldn't be surprised if many wannabe winemakers still have equipment and want to get rid off....must be some bule adverts like 'Bali Advertiser' to see what's available in Jakarta.
I'm already using a pound of grapes already, I guess if I had to, I could use more grapes and just use apple juice for the extra liquid. Right now I have a tropical mix going (pineapple, peach, apple juice mix with some real grapes and pink grape/jeruk bali). The red one after a few batches, finally seeing some success...already tasting great, and aging shortly to be bottled and enjoyed for my birthday in a couple months (yes it's a short aging)...Chateau Lafite it isn't, but still very drinkable.

I would be delighted if I can source some stuff from Singapore...for the most part I got what I need...worse scenario I'll just use the smaller aqua gallon bottles (if I can find one) or improvise.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Now that one was rather easy but I guess you don't want a minimum order of 1.000 bottles on Ailbaba, so it was a "jual botol kaca" instead: http://www.jualbotolkaca.com/2015/12/botol-kaca-6-liter-dan-botol-kaca-unik.html

I think most are dark color since they use recycled glass.

Yes, I have only seen the white grape juice in sparkling versions (as some kind of halal champaign alternative) or very very expensive tiny bottles for slimming purposes (so similarly used as apple vinegar or so).
Yep tried aliexpress already as well as tokopedia. Will keep searching..

Zavia

Charter Member
Cager
Wait, what are you asking for, glass bottles or white grape juice?

golden

Red grapes experiment finally has some success...detouring to white grapes juice. Almost impossible to find. Doesn't need to be Welch's but curious where can I find non-carbonated white grape juice? Have searched all Ranch Market's (even Kemchick)...to no avail.

Second item...5-6 liter carboys..where can I find them? Doesn't need to be glass. Good quality plastic one also acceptable.
Hi, there is this brand 'CERES' - the supplier is NIRWANA LESTARI (through Google - I found this one, http://www.ceres.co.id/ - so maybe they have changed the name) - but it's worth calling them. I did see this brand at Kemchick - but never pay attention if they have the white grape juice. Another brand to check is 'DEWLANDS' - supplier is Sukanda Djaya - I did see the brand at the FHI exhibition. Good luck and cheers..

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
Banana, when is your next trip to the US? May I suggest you buy frozen grape concentrate and bring back in luggage. It will survive although I would suggest putting each can in a zip lock bag for safety reasons. Frozen concentrate works great. In the mean time, look for golden raisins.

Zavia

Charter Member
Cager
Ah, I see.

Isnt there some plastic tokos here that sell 4-5 liter plastic bottles?

If not, head to aliexpress, message them directly your quantity and ask them to quote you.
They will make a custom order for you, or ask u to pay outside like via paypal. Do not accept anything except via aliexpress or paypal payment(the kind u can claim back, not money transfer). Aliexpress is specifically for b to c so they will attend to custom orders.

The price total may not be overly cheap but should still be well priced.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Banana, when is your next trip to the US? May I suggest you buy frozen grape concentrate and bring back in luggage. It will survive although I would suggest putting each can in a zip lock bag for safety reasons. Frozen concentrate works great. In the mean time, look for golden raisins.
Next trip won't be for a while...yes i was even thinking of buying actual wine concentrate...i figure i can bring two bottles without worrying about alcohol content.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Ah, I see.

Isnt there some plastic tokos here that sell 4-5 liter plastic bottles?

If not, head to aliexpress, message them directly your quantity and ask them to quote you.
They will make a custom order for you, or ask u to pay outside like via paypal. Do not accept anything except via aliexpress or paypal payment(the kind u can claim back, not money transfer). Aliexpress is specifically for b to c so they will attend to custom orders.

The price total may not be overly cheap but should still be well priced.
Will see if this option works or not...thanks for your suggestion :)

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
Next trip won't be for a while...yes i was even thinking of buying actual wine concentrate...i figure i can bring two bottles without worrying about alcohol content.
Wine concentrate has no alcohol so that is not an issue. Normally comes in a can. Most are for 19 liter/5 gallon batches.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Wine concentrate has no alcohol so that is not an issue. Normally comes in a can. Most are for 19 liter/5 gallon batches.

Yep that's why I'm thinking of buying it (the one I'm interested in is actually in a wine bottle a packet of two..enough for a few gallons).

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
Yep that's why I'm thinking of buying it (the one I'm interested in is actually in a wine bottle a packet of two..enough for a few gallons).
Ah, powder concentrate. May I suggest you look at the canned actual wine by variety liquid concentrates. They are far superior.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daedalus
Top Bottom