Where to find Jalapeno

Apart the Casa Fiesta brand you also have the Mezzetta brand for canned jalapenos. I tend to prefer the Mezzetta one, even though they are mixed with pickled carrots and onions. Be aware that you find them in the shelves in the "hot" version but also the "tamed" one (the latter being an hybrid of a jalapeno and a bell pepper).
Also, unlike the Casa Fiesta one, the Mezzetta one sold in Indonesia are whole (at least all the one I've seen and sold).

Apart the Casa Fiesta brand you also have the Mezzetta brand for canned jalapenos. I tend to prefer the Mezzetta one, even though they are mixed with pickled carrots and onions. Be aware that you find them in the shelves in the "hot" version but also the "tamed" one (the latter being an hybrid of a jalapeno and a bell pepper).
Also, unlike the Casa Fiesta one, the Mezzetta one sold in Indonesia are whole (at least all the one I've seen and sold).

Good to know. I'll probably try all of them and compare.

Fresh ones are rather rare. Now of course you could use the less spicy chilis as Cabai Merah besar and remove seeds etc. And you do see Pablano and Serrano types from time to time, they are somewhat similar.

Fresh ones are rather rare. Now of course you could use the less spicy chilis as Cabai Merah besar and remove seeds etc. And you do see Pablano and Serrano types from time to time, they are somewhat similar.

It's more the specific taste from jalapeño that I am interested in than anything else. I'll look into your recommendations :)
Trying to make chili cheese. Using other chilis does not bring out the same taste.

Ah okay.

When I make a nachos appetizer or snack (the one from the oven with cheese, chiliconcarne and fresh tomato cubes), I just use the hijau besar variety. Crunchy and not thát different; they seem to like it.

Just confirming that they have fresh jalapeño at Aeon mall supermarket. 27.500rp per pack of 2 x 150g. So 12 pieces or so.

Jalapeño anyone?

IMG_1071.jpg

Just saw real true Western type fresh tonight at Food Hall at One Bell Park on Fatmawati. They were $$ but not $$$ - seems like the Koreans are importing a lot of chilies like Habanero and Jalapeno.

Yep - but nope - I even zoomed in to see if there was a store location on the packages in the photo - No dice.
I saw the local Jalapenos last night too however on the shelf directly below it were beautiful gloriously shaped and evenly colored imported Jalapeno just like the ones Mom made me eat after church for fidgeting during the sermon. Didn't give them a second look for a price since I had about > 5kg of habaneros at home needing attention last night. Want some? @jstar

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back