Where to buy furniture and home accessoires in Java

judithvandekuijt

Hi all!

I am searching for manifacturies in Java to buy furniture (indoor/outdoor) and home accessoires. Could anyone provide me with tips on good manufacturiers in Jepara (or other places in Java) that produces furniture and home accessoires. There are so many manufacturiers so I don't know what to chose. I am particularly interested in:
  • rattan lamps
  • peacock chairs
  • Balinese umbrellas
  • rattan furniture
  • bamboo furniture
  • wooden lounge chairs with leather

Much appreciated :) Any tips are very much welcome!
Thank you so much!!

Judith

Also close to Yogyakarta there are many furniture producers.

Of course it does give a good idea but I found the best choice not by combing all these websites, but by going there. Now I can imagine if you're abroad (NL?) that's not so obvious but in quality control and negotiations you won't have much choice anyway. That's all assuming you're a professional purchasing agent wanting to source furniture here.

If it's for private use and you reside in RI, definitely fly to Semarang and go there. The upscale shops in Kemang and Bali have the same products but charge four times their prices. So your plane ticket and rental car with driver will pay for themselves.

This is a bad time btw, it is Ramadan. And at the end (at Lebaran / Suikerfeest) it will get even worse, there's nobody around.

Indeed, if you are in Indonesia, best go to Jepara if you are looking for teak wood or mahogany furnitures. There's dozens, or even hundred stores and manufacturer's work shop, from small to very big store, and wide range of products from rubbish (in less than a month) to top quality ones.
You can get a teak wood dining tables set less than Rp. 10m or beautiful mahogany Italian style dining table set for more than Rp 100m.

Indeed, if you are in Indonesia, best go to Jepara if you are looking for teak wood or mahogany furnitures. There's dozens, or even hundred stores and manufacturer's work shop, from small to very big store, and wide range of products from rubbish (in less than a month) to top quality ones.
You can get a teak wood dining tables set less than Rp. 10m or beautiful mahogany Italian style dining table set for more than Rp 100m.

Hi Wisnu,

Thank you for your information and also for the price indication. I am not particularly interested in large dining sets or mahogany style furniture. I am more interested in small furniture such as a small wooden lounge chair or a coffee table. And I am interested in rattan furniture, such as rattan lamps and rattan chairs. Do you perhaps know if I can find this as well in Jepara?

Best wishes,
Judith

Its been around 10 years ago, but we had good luck purchasing custom furniture pieces for our house in Jakarta from the outfit listed below:

PT. Gabe International
Jl. Raya Lebak Bulungan No.148, Rw. II, Wonorejo, Kec. Jepara, Kabupaten Jepara, Jawa Tengah 59431

http://www.gabeart.com/

Hi Wisnu,

Thank you for your information and also for the price indication. I am not particularly interested in large dining sets or mahogany style furniture. I am more interested in small furniture such as a small wooden lounge chair or a coffee table. And I am interested in rattan furniture, such as rattan lamps and rattan chairs. Do you perhaps know if I can find this as well in Jepara?

Best wishes,
Judith

Yes, you can find few shops produce rattan and other material such bamboo, coconut wood etc.
If you are particularly interested with rattan then check the rattan industries centers in cirebon or tegal, not very far from Jakarta.
For own use in small number or to give you preliminary idea what type of furniture available in the market as well as prices you can visit big furniture outlet in jabotabek such as Diana EVa Furniture. They have 2 - 3 outlet, one of them in jl. Transyogi cibubur. You will find smaller outlet along this road.
Sure you can find similar outlets in another part of Jakarta.
Most items have price labels, not the cheapest but reasonably fair, possible to bargain.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James A
Back