Where are you bunkering for Covid-19?

Where are you bunkering down for Covid-19

• I usually reside in Indonesia and I'm staying in Indonesia

• I usually reside in Indonesia but have left because of Covid-19

• I usually reside outside of Indonesia but have returned to Indonesia due to Covid-19

• I usually reside outside of Indonesia and will stay outside of Indonesia

Results are only viewable after voting.

snpark

Cager
I think many on this board will be getting financial requests left right and centre over the next few weeks...
ah yes the old "hello om" "hello sayang" w/a from people who haven't even said hello for a year or 2?

Not just financial requests but do I want masks, sanitiser, or bottle packages? It's one thing to pay overpriced for bottles in clubs, but not out of the club when I can get them for face value directly from the supplier anyway, as can anyone else, even from Vin+, 99, red and white etc etc, come on man, seriously who wants to pay 5jt or more for a bundle of 2 Elyx "with 3 free mixer" tonic is 8,000 outside, not 80,000 like it is in DF etc
Home delivery on food is one thing, if it comes hot and served in one package, but now some places are shipping the ingredients so I can "cook it myself" and still charge the same, or you order something and everything comes all wrapped up individually so I have to plate it myself like Masterchef

Ok moan over.
But yes now lots of people texting for assistance.

Lantern

I'm bunkered here at home in Ireland. I'm living alone at the moment which makes it easier. I go for long walks daily and do a lot of computer time catching up on work stuff. My brother is in construction and working on a hospital extension so he's working as normal as he's classified as an essential worker. I work with tourists from the US here so that came to a halt immediately after the confused Trump announcement about travel restrictions in early March. It's going to be a while before we get back to normal in that sector.
The supermarkets are open and there's plenty of food on the shelves. There's a maximum number allowed in at one time so people have to line up outside when it's busy. Overall the good news for me is that there's not a lot to spend money on.
The official advice is to stay at home if possible and only go outside to shop and exercise and try to maintain 'social distancing' at all times. Exercise is meant to take place within a two kilometer radius of home. Overall people are on board and there's no drama. Our politicians are following the advice of medical experts and those experts are front and center at all press conferences. Our current Prime Minister was a doctor so he's pretty clued in.
The longer term economic future is a worry as our economy is predicted to shrink by +10% and a corresponding increase in unemployment etc. We were in pretty good shape prior to this so that will help.

Travellingchez

Charter Member
Cager
I'm staying in Jakarta. Got nowhere else to go really. Plus i have my mother in law and niece that live with me who would still be stuck here if we left.
Staying in and swimming a lot. Just go out once a week to stock up and walk my dogs daily. Dogs are good for social distancing at the best of times as people don't normally come anywhere near.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Bunkering at home learning a new language (any Japanese expats here wanna help me brush up the good 'ol nihongo?)

macvert

Cager
In the Nyepi bunker .... minus the sheets of triplex on the windows ..... :D

Lila

Staying home here in South Jakarta. Enjoying daily walks in neighborhood due to almost nonexistent traffic! 🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️

PaulDG888

Saying home here in Bandar Lampung, gonna miss the lunch dates with Fastpitch17 though.
Only going out for food shopping. Already self isolated for 14 days after visiting Jakarta, continuing the trend at home.

Vanhelsing

Cager
Just out of fourteen days quarantine and took this photo today to try and represent how I felt about it. Had some help from a friend.

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
I'm bunkered here at home in Ireland. I'm living alone at the moment which makes it easier. I go for long walks daily and do a lot of computer time catching up on work stuff. My brother is in construction and working on a hospital extension so he's working as normal as he's classified as an essential worker. I work with tourists from the US here so that came to a halt immediately after the confused Trump announcement about travel restrictions in early March. It's going to be a while before we get back to normal in that sector.
The supermarkets are open and there's plenty of food on the shelves. There's a maximum number allowed in at one time so people have to line up outside when it's busy. Overall the good news for me is that there's not a lot to spend money on.
The official advice is to stay at home if possible and only go outside to shop and exercise and try to maintain 'social distancing' at all times. Exercise is meant to take place within a two kilometer radius of home. Overall people are on board and there's no drama. Our politicians are following the advice of medical experts and those experts are front and center at all press conferences. Our current Prime Minister was a doctor so he's pretty clued in.
The longer term economic future is a worry as our economy is predicted to shrink by +10% and a corresponding increase in unemployment etc. We were in pretty good shape prior to this so that will help.
Welcome back Lantern. :D(y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m17tgw
Top Bottom