When do the schools go back after Corona?

I think there will definitely be lessons where some kids are in class and some are joining by webcam.

I had heard a rumor last week that it was the National schools that were going to start face to face classes first which would put pressure on International and National Plus schools to do the same.
That's no rumour; the trial run is set to begin on 7 April in about 100 state schools (year 4 to year 12) in Jakarta.

That's no rumour; the trial run is set to begin on 7 April in about 100 state schools (year 4 to year 12) in Jakarta.

This should be interesting then. Is it open as normal or are there protocals that need to be followed?

Numerous protocols that have to be followed. It's far from any sort of normal.
Can these protocols be seen somewhere? I would think normally all schools or institutions should have to follow the same protocols all over the country. All I can say is that I doubt it is possible here😅

Numerous protocols that have to be followed. It's far from any sort of normal.

Based on students who I taught at EF and what they have told me about National schools, I don't have faith of the protocols to be be followed all the way through.

Okay, the Jakarta Post has an article about reopening, but it is 'premium content' so I am only able to see a snippet of it. Here is the link: https://www.thejakartapost.com/news...4w5vl_VaFkQVNUYmgKqsQz_uBQOwziSqwIqRT2YuJxpRI

From what I could read, this is what caught my eye. '
While some epidemiologists believe that schools can reopen safely, teachers are cautious about the plan as vaccination drives remain sluggish and schools are struggling to provide the necessary infrastructure to implement health protocols.'

My kid's school had their one day of classes yesterday. They met for two hours in a parking lot belonging to the school. In that time they had an art class and did some socially distanced P. E. games. That's all. No future plans forthcoming from the school. No clue as to what the purpose of this exercise was (maybe just because the kids are lonely?).

I read something yesterday about the plan being for most schools to return for July - Watch this space

Hi, I'm new on this forum and (very soon) to Indonesia!
On a separate note, can anyone please assist with names of good Private Boarding schools (in and near Jakarta) offering Cambridge Curriculum? The ones I'm coming across are mostly Islamic boarding schools. It's for my child needs to get admitted into Grade 8 in July. Thanks much in advance.

I read something yesterday about the plan being for most schools to return for July - Watch this space

We were told teachers would be returning into the classroom in July. However, for this to actually happen I think it is going to come down to 2 things:

1. The trial run going on right now with a select few schools that are open. This will be more of a what is being done right/wrong. How do all schools keep this standard/fix what is broken.

2. The two breaks: Leberan and End of the year break. Will there be a rise in new cases or will it stay the same/decrease.

We were told last week there will be a hybrid teaching training. Still now sure what the plan is, but I have heard nothing, but horror stories when it comes to hybrid teaching.

Hi, I'm new on this forum and (very soon) to Indonesia!
On a separate note, can anyone please assist with names of good Private Boarding schools (in and near Jakarta) offering Cambridge Curriculum? The ones I'm coming across are mostly Islamic boarding schools. It's for my child needs to get admitted into Grade 8 in July. Thanks much in advance.
I don't think there are any boarding schools that teach in English in Jakarta. Just the islamic madrasahs. You should choose a school then try to live close.

Can these protocols be seen somewhere? I would think normally all schools or institutions should have to follow the same protocols all over the country. All I can say is that I doubt it is possible here😅
I can only find it in the Indonesian media, but this link is fairly comprehensive. I fully expect reopening to be a disaster. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't have much hope.

It seems that schools—especially the more well-to-do ones—are setting their own guidelines which are more stringent than what has come from the government.

I can only find it in the Indonesian media, but this link is fairly comprehensive. I fully expect reopening to be a disaster. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't have much hope.

It seems that schools—especially the more well-to-do ones—are setting their own guidelines which are more stringent than what has come from the government.

If it is a disaster or not will depend on the school. I think the International schools will have a good plan in place. After that, it will be hit or miss.

Based on the article, even though the article is from last year, the same question that was asked almost a year ago remains, what if a teacher is in a red zone? Are they allowed to come into a green zone to work or will they be working from home?

The size of the class and social distancing is going to cause a nightmare for schools especially ones where there are 25+ students per class and old school buildings.

Also, how likely is this to be enforced? Yes they do raids in certain areas of Jakarta at night for places violating the 'curfew', but with so many schools, I don't see how they can do it.

I don't think there are any boarding schools that teach in English in Jakarta. Just the islamic madrasahs. You should choose a school then try to live close.
Thank you. Unfortunately that seems to be the case about boarding schools.

If it is a disaster or not will depend on the school. I think the International schools will have a good plan in place. After that, it will be hit or miss.

Based on the article, even though the article is from last year, the same question that was asked almost a year ago remains, what if a teacher is in a red zone? Are they allowed to come into a green zone to work or will they be working from home?

The size of the class and social distancing is going to cause a nightmare for schools especially ones where there are 25+ students per class and old school buildings.

Also, how likely is this to be enforced? Yes they do raids in certain areas of Jakarta at night for places violating the 'curfew', but with so many schools, I don't see how they can do it.
Oh damn—I put the wrong link in my original post! I meant to use this one, which is up to date and also states that all teachers and students must be vaccinated before they are allowed to return to in-person learning. I've heard from some people I know who teach that they've been told they won't have a job unless they get a jab. About the students being required to do so, that's a new one for me.

I don't see how universal enforcement will be possible. As you said: there are just too many schools.

The problem is, there are expat teachers who want the jab, but aren't allowed to get. What do the schools do then?

From what I have heard, this is what we are going to be doing:

However, face-to-face learning that will be implemented by schools throughout Indonesia must be done with a rotation system, where 50 percent of students enter and the rest learn via online.

How will they define this? Is Grab or GoJek considered safe?

Ensure all students and students use safe transportation.

If getting the task force's approval and getting the sticker placed on the school building, expect it to be like a ceremony. A few months ago, I went downstairs at my apartment and you have journos, cops, military, and apparently Annies going to the different towers and placing the stickers on the window. The only thing they did right was wear masks when they were doing it.

Hi Guys:

We can definitely minimize Covid-19 risk by using sanitizer capable of covering surfaces with self-sanitizing coating. Virol-Oxy is a good example of such sanitizer. Virol-Oxy is made in Germany and capable of providing extended protection against virus, bacteria and fungi with only one spray. It's also safer than other conventional disinfectant/sanitizer because it's not flammable and doesn't cause skin irritation. Our kids are also using Virol-Oxy on their hands whenever we go out. I'm currently spraying this at our offices on weekly basis. The cost is minimal because a litre Virol-Oxy cost as low as Rp12.500 or US$0.86. This is way more affordable and safer than other disinfectant/sanitisers sold in the market. So it's worth looking into it because we have been using this since early 2021.

UVC air purification system can also be combined with such advanced sanitizer to further minimize Covid-19 risk. I read in a literature that if air in a room can be disinfected at least 5 times per hour, the risk of Covid-19 becomes very low. But the question is, will international schools invest in such equipment to reduce Covid-19 risk.

Hi Guys:

We can definitely minimize Covid-19 risk by using sanitizer capable of covering surfaces with self-sanitizing coating. Virol-Oxy is a good example of such sanitizer. Virol-Oxy is made in Germany and capable of providing extended protection against virus, bacteria and fungi with only one spray. It's also safer than other conventional disinfectant/sanitizer because it's not flammable and doesn't cause skin irritation. Our kids are also using Virol-Oxy on their hands whenever we go out. I'm currently spraying this at our offices on weekly basis. The cost is minimal because a litre Virol-Oxy cost as low as Rp12.500 or US$0.86. This is way more affordable and safer than other disinfectant/sanitisers sold in the market. So it's worth looking into it because we have been using this since early 2021.

UVC air purification system can also be combined with such advanced sanitizer to further minimize Covid-19 risk. I read in a literature that if air in a room can be disinfected at least 5 times per hour, the risk of Covid-19 becomes very low. But the question is, will international schools invest in such equipment to reduce Covid-19 risk.
Do you have any literature proving virol-oxy does any of this stuff? I ask because I just went to their website and it seems a bit unprofessional for a German tech company.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back