What's going on with Setya?

John_Oates

Charter Member
Cager
What do you think is happening with this Setya business?

He is in hospital after a car crash. Some reports say he was getting away from reporters, other say he was on his way to an interview for Metro TV.

There are conspiracy theories all over Facebook showing pictures of the car damage, and it looks like the dent is in a different place to the pole. Why was the pole still standing?

I just hope it wasn't all staged so he 'wakes up' with amnesia and can't answer questions in a summons... To be honest that would be so obvious it would be hilarious.

I just hope it wasn't all staged so he 'wakes up' with amnesia and can't answer questions in a summons... To be honest that would be so obvious it would be hilarious.

I wouldn't be surprised, he has had a few weeks since the last attempted arrest to come up with a plan.

I heard the mosques were overfilled in Jakarta yesterday with pious politicians praying for his demise.

What do you think is happening with this Setya business?

He is in hospital after a car crash. Some reports say he was getting away from reporters, other say he was on his way to an interview for Metro TV.

There are conspiracy theories all over Facebook showing pictures of the car damage, and it looks like the dent is in a different place to the pole. Why was the pole still standing?

The whole thing is a joke. He is going to be questioned he is in the hospital with pics. He then successfully uses the one South Jakarta judge to dismiss charges. Miracle he makes physical recovery. Now recharged what......accident possible coma.....Oh My God the poor man just has one mishap after another.......Also in the JG there is "a" recent survey where Indonesians see the police and courts as the most corrupt.........well depends which survey but legislative members are right up there as well. But none of this is new to Indonesians, or people on the outside looking in. As Anglian said elsewhere he feels for the ordinary folk whose lives could be better with a cleaner system.

I've forgotten everything and I have a doctors note to prove it - never heard that before have we.

We all know except the police it was a set up, the car it appears was bought to be used for the so called accident, the lamp post made an amazing recovery and the car isn’t that damaged, and he has a tiny bump on the head, hardly life threatening, as suggest handcuff him to the bed and get an honest doctor to certify him healthy, just stop pussy footing around and give the public a least a bit of confidence in the corrupt legal system

My wife says her social media reports he's been nominated for an Oscar and will be invited into the Hollywood Hall of Fame and have his hands imprinted in concrete on the Boulevard sidewalk.

I said I'd prefer to have his feet stuck in concrete and dropped into the sea off Tanjung Priok!

from Jakglobe today...
The national antigraft agency transferred House of Representatives Speaker Setya Novanto from a state-owned hospital in Central Jakarta to its detention facilities in the city late on Sunday night (19/11) after doctors decided that he no longer needed to be hospitalized.

I wonder what will happen next in this sinetron drama.

We had something similar in Bangkok. The driver drove the SUV into a tree purposely.

I don’t rate Indonesian comedy shows very highly, but this beats any I’ve watched so far, sadly a laugh a minute, you couldn’t make this up

Well, looks like KPK has their man....for now. They have detained him for 20 days, expiring on Dec 6th, 2017. After that I believe they have to extend the detention.

http://www.tribunnews.com/nasional/2017/11/20/inilah-penampakan-setya-novanto-pakai-rompi-oranye-kpk

kpk-resmi-menahan-setya-novanto_20171120_000941.jpg

Apparently he walked to the meeting on the 2nd floor of KPK this morning but no report of the meeting.
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...ned-as-e-id-graft-suspect-for-first-time.html

The Golkar Party execs are also meeting today to decide to replace him as leader....talk about throwing your boss under a bus.
I think he must be boiling inside at his treatment and will soon be naming names.......anyone catch any info please post....getting very interesting for Indonesia.

I love it when their crooked schemes go wrong

Apparantly the bruise on his head is the opposite side of the head from the bandage when he was in hospital, they cant even manage to get that bit right

I think the doctor who treated him should be a suspect too

Cheers for the update Bad_azz. Reminds me of when the Freeport scandal was going down. He resigned as the votes were being read out, which meant he got off scot free.

I still shake my head with that one.

He resigned as the votes were being read out, which meant he got off scot free.
No one has interest to piss him off. The resignation was a concensus. It allows him to save face and it allows the fellow party members to avoid his anger (and him dropping names).

As with all the previous similar cases, he won't give names, save perhaps for some small fry if really cornered. When caught the golden rule is silence and denial and most criminals know that. The more you say, the more it indicts you.

People like SetNov know they don't need to confess. They hold by the guts a lot of people who can later help them to get remissions, grace even presidential pardon.

A good example is the former KPK ketua, convicted for murder and released on presidential pardon just a few years after at a very opportune moment.

Why taking the risk to go the hard way, angering peoples who can later help you? SetNov will remain mute.

Yet the wife cried
She knew at this point of time, Setnov cant escape anymore

I believe his trial is supposed to start today Wed 13 Dec 2017. If anybody have any info on the proceedings please post.

edit: soon after posting I noticed the case is on metro TV.
His defence says he's unfit for trial but the doctors have said he is fit.
He cannot answer the judges as to his name but the prosecutors say he was well and talking normally to his defence team and doctors over lunch.
Interesting development is the judges have now recessed with prosecutors.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplekey