What's going on with Setya?

dafluff

Cager
This all sounds very interesting, what amazes me is how they thought they could get away with it, by fiddling such large sums of money, sadly this seems to be the general level of intelligence of some of the politicians in the MPR who are supposed to try and improve the poor Indonesian lot
They get away with it all the time. Getting caught for corruption is a rather "rare", when compared to how deeply ingrained it is.

macvert

Cager
They get away with it all the time. Getting caught for corruption is a rather "rare", when compared to how deeply ingrained it is.
& definitely nothing to be ashamed about, .....if you don't practice corruption you're abnormal

Last edited:

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
Novanto gave up
He accepted 15 years verdicts. With his money he could live comfortably in prison. Maybe taking few days out off the prison sometimes too. After few remunitions, he could be out of prison before 2030, and people forgot him already
I am ready to bet that he will be out well before 2025.

Accepting the sentence is again a smart and calculated move. The sentence being now binding he can start to collect the remisi and, without doubt, he will get several months per year, both on Lebaran and 17 Agustus.

snpark

Cager
A lot of it is for show, stamping down on corruption etc etc, bet most of them will be quietly released in a few years or moved to a softer jail or home release etc
Bit like getting a pardon from Trump

Davita

RIP
Charter Member
What I don't get is why squeal on others now.
He has been sentenced. I would have thought the time to 'spill the beans' on his cohorts was before sentencing to get a lower plea-bargain sentence for information....which he seems to have now offered freely.
Maybe the gang weren't so tight after all and he's had a sober moment to plan revenge on those that didn't support him during the process.
Better than the prosecutors giving him a light sentence...this way they might get them all by sowing seeds of discontent about those who appear to have 'dodged the bullet'.
I like that...:thumb:

Last edited:

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
The jail in Bandung is pretty much dedicated to people convicted of corruption ("a softer jail" probably doesn't exist).
As corruption is seen as white-collar crime, the prison is very relaxed. I would guess most of the security is aimed at protecting those inside from those outside ;) rather than the other way around.
Is that where he is now? I haven't checked recently.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Setya seems to have a subscription in the hospitals. You can't think of it, or he has it.

Anyway, he got approval (again) to visit a hospital. And after the treatment and being there for some days he was gone.

Well, not really gone, they saw him and his wife shopping at a DIY/furniture store. 😲 Big storm in the social media of course.

In the evening he was back in prison, whether he reported there himself or got arrested, is unsure.

Immediately the regional head of the justice department had him moved from Sukamiskin to the not so luxurious Sindur prison.

jstar

Mr. 10,000

House of Roman.

But why would he go there?

The word on the street is he bought something close to the prison, so he (and his wife) could spend time there. Obviously that new house needs renovation.

harryopal

Charter Member
I guess the bloke feels hard done by. In the first case he just did what he reckoned everyone else does given the opportunity and was cheated by the system when he was prosecuted. Clearly he felt his imprisonment was an aberration and he expected things would return to normal so it must be an awful shock to him to find yet again he is being "persecuted."

Euc-

Charter Member
Cager
What I don't understand is that he can walk around so freely. It's pretty well known that he is supposed to be in jail. I for one would be calling the police if I'd see someone who was supposed to be in jail walking around somewhere not a jail..

dafluff

Cager
What I don't understand is that he can walk around so freely. It's pretty well known that he is supposed to be in jail. I for one would be calling the police if I'd see someone who was supposed to be in jail walking around somewhere not a jail..
Lol, I would be surprised, no, shocked, if half the people that are supposed to be in jail are actually in jail in Indonesia.

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
I for one would be calling the police if I'd see someone who was supposed to be in jail walking around somewhere not a jail..
Stock up on pulsa. That's a full time job with high profile "convicts" (or pretty much anyone with money). :ROFLMAO:

jstar

Mr. 10,000
These guys from Flores you can see on a lot of crossings and other strategic places in the city, checking their phones all the time.

Debt collectors checking all the motorbikes is the closest you get to bounty hunters here...

But if there would be more money involved on tips etc...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
susanjohn1
Top Bottom