What type of jobs can I apply for

With your education I would think you could research any possibilities with many of the Pharma companies in Indonesia. Then again, if would probably need to be on some type of management level so they abide by the law.

EF pays about 14j(this includes house allowance). You can get 25-50j+(excluding benefits) depending on the National Plus/International School, your experience, and qualifications.

14jt makes it hardly seem worth it. A lot lower than I thought it would be.

14jt makes it hardly seem worth it. A lot lower than I thought it would be.

That is for expats and why I said only a year to see if the OP even liked teaching. No need to get get more qualifications if you don't like teaching.

One local teacher at the center I was at had 10+ years experience, former center director, knew where everything in the center was, kids and parents loved him, but he was being paid under 5j.

When I was making the switch from EF to my current job, I told my boss and wanted to let him give me a counter offer. He said he wants to pay me more, but he couldn't. Probably a mix bet EF and the owner of the center. Either way, that is one reason you always see openings for EF on every job search sight.

MAT=Masters of Arts Teaching

You can get the qualifications online while you are in Indonesia. That is how I am doing my Masters.

EF claims to be competitive when it comes to salary, but they pay less than half of what you can make at a National Plus/Lower Tier International school.
From what I've seen most international schools require 5 years experience

I've only got 2 years experience teaching in a private institute

If you dont mind me asking in which city do you know someone who is hiring for
With your education I would think you could research any possibilities with many of the Pharma companies in Indonesia. Then again, if would probably need to be on some type of management level so they abide by the law.
The issue is I dont have experience in the pharmaceutical sector so I cant apply for a managerial role which they would probably give to foreigners and hand out IMTA's for

I wouldn't be able to apply for entry level roles as they are most likely catered for Indonesians nor do I speak bahasa

From what I've seen most international schools require 5 years experience

I've only got 2 years experience teaching in a private institute

If you dont mind me asking in which city do you know someone who is hiring for

The issue is I dont have experience in the pharmaceutical sector so I cant apply for a managerial role which they would probably give to foreigners and hand out IMTA's for

I wouldn't be able to apply for entry level roles as they are most likely catered for Indonesians nor do I speak bahasa

Jakarta which is where I am based.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back