What Movie to Watch Nowdays when The Cinema are Open?

alprish

Since we know this 1years++ cinema were closed; now the cinema are open. Any advice what to watch and how it is to watch movie during pandemic? Anyone try it? Iam about want to try this weekend

Since we know this 1years++ cinema were closed; now the cinema are open. Any advice what to watch and how it is to watch movie during pandemic? Anyone try it? Iam about want to try this weekend
My family and I went to see Godzilla vs. Kong last weekend. It was a fun monster movie, as long as you do not get too hung up on the predictability, ridiculous pseudo-science, or lack of anything resembling a coherent plot. Still worth the 35k per person to watch in a fiercely socially distanced theatre. By the way, the concessions were closed, so no popcorn while watching. During the movie, a manager came around and told couples & families to move back to their assigned seats.

My family and I went to see Godzilla vs. Kong last weekend. It was a fun monster movie, as long as you do not get too hung up on the predictability, ridiculous pseudo-science, or lack of anything resembling a coherent plot. Still worth the 35k per person to watch in a fiercely socially distanced theatre. By the way, the concessions were closed, so no popcorn while watching. During the movie, a manager came around and told couples & families to move back to their assigned seats.
I took the boy to see the same movie. He happened to have a dance competition and since we were already spending the day in the mall... First time in a mall for the better part of a year, unless I am forgetting something (kinda feel like I am, but that is normal for me).

Blitz at Paskal (bandung) was serving popcorn and sodas (and probably other stuff). Seats were separated on a diagonal pattern. We didn't move or anything, but I didn't notice anyone getting told off either.

I'd say that sitting alone takes a little bit out of the family movie going experience, but maybe it depends on the movie and the person seeing it. My kid likes to whisper, which I don't really approve of, but that is what it means to watch a movie with him (and you could take a five minute nap at any point during that movie an not miss an important plot point).

Kong was ok. What you expect from a kaiju movie. I'd watch the next one if the kid asked me to.

Problem is no decent blockbusters are being released. All the western films are already on HBO

Tenet was good
Bond is delayed

35K is for monday-thuursday price? and what city? Its cheap I think. I just browse Surabaya price is 50 in weekend :D

ProbleUm is no decent blockbusters are being released. All the western films are already on HBO

Tenet was good
Bond is delayed
Um you are right. let say like Wonder woman also already on HBO XD

Only good thing is prices so cheap even premiere mid week now is like 50rb. If anything, just book and get a nice nap for 2hours. Usually my cinema is empty all the time

35K is for monday-thuursday price? and what city? Its cheap I think. I just browse Surabaya price is 50 in weekend :D
I said, "weekend", but it was actually "tanggal merah", specifically, Good Friday. 35k was the covid-era price at XXI in Summarecon Mal Serpong.

IMG_20191014_1358375.jpg

How are the protocols in the cinema? I already read that people can't sit beside each other. How about masks?
If it is necessary to wear a mask during the movie I will continue to live without cinema and wait till stuff is available online (netflix etc.) or on physical form.

I'm pretty sure CGV had a little video before the movie telling is all to wear our masks so we could enjoy the film.
How are the protocols in the cinema? I already read that people can't sit beside each other. How about masks?
If it is necessary to wear a mask during the movie I will continue to live without cinema and wait till stuff is available online (netflix etc.) or on physical form.

yeh you are supposed to wear your mask, but I guess hard to police that in the darkness when you already you are 3m apart and in my case usually alone anyway

just be sure to put it back on with the house lights

just be sure to put it back on with the house lights
Is it that hard to just follow the rules or stay home?

This is the correct approach. I totally understand not wanting to wear a mask for 2 hours while trying to enjoy a movie, so I'll stay home.

Is it that hard to just follow the rules or stay home?

This is the correct approach. I totally understand not wanting to wear a mask for 2 hours while trying to enjoy a movie, so I'll stay home.

Not sure if that was a slight dig at me? But since I was alone in the whole cinema I admit had my mask on my chin during the movie. I was the only person in the whole cinema

And if you know, the premium seats are already very well spaced and in Corona they are blocked alternatively so either side of you even the seat 3m away is blocked so the nearest person that could even sit next to you would be 6m+ away

As I said I was not condoning not wearing a mask, but the spacing is so huge it is unlikely you would be at much risk even if the cinema was at corona capacity which is 25-50% only

The few times I went to Lotte Premiere, it was totally empty - in fact they closed it again recently to refurbish it

And since no decent movies are out or due for a while, sadly little else to do

You are probably more at risk in a restaurant which generally has more people and closer spacing anyway and everyone takes their masks off to eat etc and talk, both of which you cannot do in the movie

Not sure if that was a slight dig at me? But since I was alone in the whole cinema I admit had my mask on my chin during the movie. I was the only person in the whole cinema
I wouldn't call it a "dig", at least it was not intended as a personal affront. The fact you were completely alone was new to me and significant.

There are 3 main factors at play; 1. health risks, 2. rules and regulations, and 3. social courtesy. If you are alone in the theater, health risk and social courtesy are irrelevant, so I can see a case for disobeying the rule of the property owner, but would present no argument if told directly to put my mask on. If there were any other masked people in the theater, even if distanced far enough to believe heath risk is no concern, I would wear the mask because it's both the rule of the property owner and there is social courtesy in making the others around feel comfortable, since they came to a place expecting those rules to be followed.

Godzilla VS Kong...if you don't pay attention to the plot and just focus on a big komodo vs a giant monkey slapping each other's ass, it's okay, better than staying home getting bored. Watched at Flix. They don't serve popcorn AT the theater, but you can buy the popcorn separately (from them) outside the theater and not in open container. At least that's what they do at MOI Gading.

My first ever Pandemi movie was WW84.

Watched Mortal Kombat 2021. Was surprised to see Joe Taslim actually plays a pretty prominent part in the movie. Continuous action.

Haven't got the chance to watch Ip Man yet (although it's not the Donnie Yen series).

Yes I know what you mean. I keep my mask on outside in mall etc
But yea the last 3 times in lotte weekday lunchtime only me in the screen

If others there I keep on

19th released here
No map problems
If there are they just cut the scene

And you know someone will complain about the outfits.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudcat
Back