What happened to Hacienda

El_Goretto

Cager
Was at Pondok Indah Mall today and noticed that both Marco and Hacienda are no more. They were both my favorite at PIM.

Then I checked and Hacienda is also no more at Plaza Arcadia Senayan.

It was by far my fav Mexican food in Jakarta and I especially liked the margaritas.

Ive always found both venues buzzing so I'm surprised.

And now even the Marco website seems down. Could it be closed down as well?

Looks like Marco is still open in Pacific Place and Grand Indonesia.

Was at Pondok Indah Mall today and noticed that both Marco and Hacienda are no more. They were both my favorite at PIM.

Then I checked and Hacienda is also no more at Plaza Arcadia Senayan.

It was by far my fav Mexican food in Jakarta and I especially liked the margaritas.

Ive always found both venues buzzing so I'm surprised.

And now even the Marco website seems down. Could it be closed down as well?
I am sad to read about Hacienda's demise. Fortunately, Outback Steakhouse is still open at PIM. Also, Casa Mexico in Simprug has outstanding Mexican food.

Lease expired in Arcadia, too mahal to renew
Geraldo opened his own place with his bro (who was the chef in PIM) and I presume if PIM also close then maybe also lease renewal issues. That's what happened also with E&O in Mega Kuningan, 5 year lease and renewal is 2x price so forget it
Collerate didn't even last 1 year

Lease expired in Arcadia, too mahal to renew
Geraldo opened his own place with his bro (who was the chef in PIM) and I presume if PIM also close then maybe also lease renewal issues. That's what happened also with E&O in Mega Kuningan, 5 year lease and renewal is 2x price so forget it
Collerate didn't even last 1 year

Thanks for the information. I was hoping you'd be able to chime in, wasn't disappointed :D

Do you know where the new restaurant is and is it still Mexican cuisine?

https://www.facebook.com/casamexico...eline_context_item_source=1177728835&fref=tag

Near Plan B (Spanish) if you know where that is / was (the original one with Oskar not the new one/s in Sency etc)

Rukan Permata Senayan Blok G no 11
12210 Jakarta, Indonesia
oXiCJHPgn3c.png

+62 21 57949449

Ah, the mall saw that the place was busy, so it thought that it could squeeze for double the rent. I'm not surprised.

Most of the outlets in Arcadia owned by same group (I had personal involvement)

Yes Arcadia / PS owners saw a chance to increase rent on 5y review renewal but they are terrible landlords . Turning off a/c and water at weekends etc.

Be happy to have a full mall. Now they have an empty mall and no tenants. Yes greedy. Like apartment owners .
Typical business story here .

I’ve never eaten any good Mexican food in Indonesia yet. I ate at Hacienda a couple of years ago. Just nothing that would inspire a return visit.

Of course, I'm sure it doesn't compare to American Mexican food but for Jakarta it's decent I think.
Taco Bell would be a step up. Having to qualify it “for Jakarta”, is a bit lame. I don’t consider Mexican food to be that difficult of a cuisine to make.

Having never patronized Taco Bell, I have no point of reference. Nor have I tried Hacienda. Seems a bit counter intuitive to travel halfway around the world and then search for a particular cuisine that is pretty well done just around the corner at home.

But if I did try to sate a craving for Mexican by visiting Hacienda, it would only be fair to give them more than one shot at making a good impression before announcing to the world that they suck.

Taco Bell would be a step up. Having to qualify it “for Jakarta”, is a bit lame. I don’t consider Mexican food to be that difficult of a cuisine to make.

You're entitled to your opinion.

If I traveled to the US as much as you, I'd probably share the same opinion. But I don't so as it stands among the options in Jakarta, Hacienda is pretty decent. And they actually put alcohol in their margaritas unlike a lot of places here.

I might be bias but Hacienda is pretty decent and respected, the chef is Mexican and they use original Mexican ingredients and he does the catering for the Embassy events .

Also the Hacienda owners are renowned for quality outlets and food / chefs etc

One of the smaller Japanese restaurants they have in Arcadia has a particularly excellent Japanese chef and is always full of Japanese guests who pay good money for top quality food etc

Certainly Hacienda is way above Amigos etc and other Mexican places

Just my humble opinion

Hvaing tried and enjoyed tremendously many taco Bell dishes in my youth, I'd have to say without the shadow of a doubt that hacienda is the better quality restaurant with higher quality ingredients.

Does that mean I don't crave taco Bell once in a while over hacienda? Of course not. There is just something about the wet overly saucy ground beef and the fragile crispy taco shells that get soggy if you look at it wrong .

Is hacienda the best Mexican food I've ever had outside of Mexico? Having lived in Portland as a student and visited southern california regularly, I'd say of course not. But I can't find any other Mexican restaurant in Jakarta that hits the spot as much as hacienda .not even taco local or super loco that's supposed to have good tacos .

I haven't tried poblanos at Pacific place though. Anyone tried it?

Btw SuperLoco also closed . That was the Union group attempt for Mexican. Lasted a few years only (the one in Pacific Place)

Btw SuperLoco also closed . That was the Union group attempt for Mexican. Lasted a few years only (the one in Pacific Place)

There was also another ok Mexican in Gandaria City which closed as well. Maybe Jakarta is not ready for Mexican food.

We need a Tacky Bell then apparently

Queue clip from Demolition Man movie "The Franchise Wars" lol

And did you know that TB were seriously thinking of making a Demolition Man branch

Heres the longer clip. Thank me later.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back