Wednesday 22 May mass demonstration ⛔️

Wow, that's new ?

90ab3e90-348a-425a-bc78-880b85f8b940.jpeg

At Tanah Abang...

Is this against crowds or against the fire?

Apparently they're restricting social media access to avoid the spreading of fake news.

Water bombing against burning tires it seems.

But there are probably some nice side effects...

Water bombing against burning tires it seems.

But there are probably some nice side effects...

Looking at the clouds, won't be long before they don't need to use the helicopter.

Volunteer kitchen opened for security apparatus.

They accept donations. I am not affiliated and I am not endorsing, donate at your own risk.

Apparently they're restricting social media access to avoid the spreading of fake news.
Can confirm; my WhatsApp messages to my wife were not being delivered over Indosat until I activated VPN.

Maybe they can block social media permanently? Probably would move up Indonesia's productivity rating...

Yep, in Europe they didn’t receive my WA anymore. Now it was okay via First Media (on WiFi) but coincidently that went down also in our whole area.

That hashtag #TangkapPrabowo is trending on twitter...up to like 100k times now, sure some are bot accounts to make it viral, but many are real. Can't say that I disagree with the sentiment. The guy is basically inciting rioting because he lost an election.

#TangkapPrabowo will never become a reality, and the reason is
Polda Metro Jaya menerbitkan Surat Pemberitahuan Dimulainya Penyidikan (SPDP) terhadap Prabowo Subianto yang kemudian ditarik kembali. Padahal, sebagai calon presiden, Prabowo tak bisa dipidanakan. Ini membuktikan Polri menjadi alat kekuasaan.

AFAIK, he never publicly said anything to incite rioting. And (just to be fair) to him, it is not about losing an election but the feeling of being cheated (as far as he's concerned).

I'm not too happy with this. Seems like something a totalitarian government would do. Also, don't fuck with my internet please ?
Totally agree. It's usually reserved for countries on the verge of civil war or regime change, using that power for such a minor protest is a very bad move.

I hope everyone has their VPN setup.

Totally agree. It's usually reserved for countries on the verge of civil war or regime change, using that power for such a minor protest is a very bad move.

I hope everyone has their VPN setup.
Small price to pay.

A bunch of morons in Jakarta rioting is no reason to shut down the primary means of communication for 290 million people, the vast majority of whom don't give a flying f*ck what is going on in Jakarta or with Prabowo and who rely on tools like WA for social/family communications as well as their economic livelihoods.

It could be this was a reason as well? The FPI / 212 militant who calls for attacks against the top of the police and even gives hints how to do it and get to Tito c.s.

It's been quiet this morning.

There was some violence going on around 3am on Jalan Wahid Hasyim in the Sabang district but the rioters seem to have dispersed.

Tanah Abang and Palmerah stations are open again.

Quiet around the Bawaslu office:

image.png
image.png

Also, props to the orange army, still hard at work, that place was a mess last night. Now it looks like nothing happened:

image.png

Schools closed again? WTF? I mean it is great having no traffic and even WA going down for a bit was quite relaxing, but this is getting ridiculous just because of a few hundred paid rioters in a city of 15m.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back