• We have just upgraded to Xenforo 2.1. We still have a few things to iron out while the forum is live. If you see any bug, please let us know. Any question? Feel free to ask.
  • We have done a little bit of house cleaning with the forums and certain threads.

Read more about it here.
  • We had an error with our database this morning.

It has now been fixed but let us know if you are still facing any trouble.

Wednesday 22 May mass demonstration ⛔️

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Being a Friday and with the case offered to the Constitutional Court today, the chances are extremely high there will be demonstrations again.

So avoid that area of town.

dafluff

Cager
The only doubt I have about this whole ambulance story is that it's so dumb. Can these people really be that stupid?
Umm....they believe that a former Orba strongman is going to help the poor and fight corruption, so ....

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Btw, the MRT resumes normal operations again today. Not sure if that's good timing, but okay.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
And Thamrin will stay closed till midnight...

A mass prayer has been called for at 1 PM followed by a march.

dafluff

Cager
Does anyone assume the vote is totally accurate? With the massive amount of local control and corruption and a weak central government, I assume there was some cheating by localized politicians across Indonesia. I don't think the campaigns could have stopped it even if they were not coordinating it.
I don't think any election result has ever been "totally accurate". Did Jokowi use his incumbent advantage to the maximum? Yes.

However, we can say with extremely high confidence that he won the election, and that the victory margin of 55%-45% is accurate. Why?

1. Pre-election polling by many different independent pollsters have shown numbers close to this.
2. Quick count results also converge to this number. This is mathematically solid, because the 8 or so quick counts use different polling stations for samples. If there was localized cheating, then the numbers would not converge.
3. Independent kawalpemilu.org, which crowd-sources and even uploads recapitulation forms also arrives at this number.
4. The voting process is incredibly transparent, and votes are cast, then counted and finished the same day. Anyone can observe the process from start to finish if they want.
5. The BPN camp hasn't been able to show any evidence of wrongdoing, and filed a complaint with Bawaslu with laughable online article links as evidence.
6. Neither can BPN show any data supporting their claim of winning by 62% or 54% or whatever number they claim that keeps changing.
7. I find it highly unlikely that a gov't that can barely manage issuing eKTPs suddenly has the sophistication of rigging 18 million votes undetected.

Last edited:
Not sure about the opening up of the country to foreigners part. I heard it is much more difficult to get work permits these days, most of the oil companies were driven out, same starting to happen to Freeport
Btw, the MRT resumes normal operations again today. Not sure if that's good timing, but okay.
I was on the MRT yesterday. Just one station was closed - Bundaran HI.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
I was on the MRT yesterday. Just one station was closed - Bundaran HI.
I guess you were lucky...or the head of the MRT has no idea what's going on in his own organization.

tirto.id - Corporate Secretary Division Head MRT Jakarta Muhamad Kamaluddin menyampaikan bahwa MRT Jakarta telah kembali beroperasi secara penuh usai kerusuhan aksi 22 Mei lalu.

"MRT Jakarta akan kembali beroperasi secara penuh dari Stasiun Lebak Bulus Grab hingga Stasiun Bundaran HI dan sebaliknya," kata Kamaluddin dalam keterangan tertulis pada Kamis (23/5/2019) malam.

Kamaluddin menyampaikan bahwa operasi bisa untuk kembali diakses sejak pukul 05.00 WIB pagi tadi, "melayani penumpang melalui keseluruhan 13 Stasiun MRT."

Jadwal keberangkatan dan kedatangan Ratangga sesuai dengan jadwal normal untuk setiap stasiun yang dapat dilihat di kanal-kanal media komunikasi PT MRT Jakarta, yaitu situs web dan media sosial.

"PT MRT Jakarta masih akan secara intensif mengevaluasi perkembangan situasi di setiap kawasan stasiun MRT Jakarta," kata Kamaluddin.

"Para pengguna kami imbau untuk tetap memperhatikan perkembangan informasi terkini mengenai operasional MRT Jakarta dari petugas kami, media sosial resmi dan situs web MRT Jakarta," tambahnya.

Satu hari setelah aksi 22 Mei 2019, PT MRT Jakarta hanya melayani rute Lebak Bulus-stasiun ASEAN dan sebaliknya. Pengurangan jumlah rute ini merupakan rekayasa lalu lintas yang diberlakukan PT MRT Jakarta pada Kamis (23/5/2019).

Kamaluddin mengatakan rekayasa jalur ini memang imbas dari kegiatan demonstrasi yang berlangsung sejak 21-23 Mei dini hari.

"MRT Jakarta akan beroperasi mulai pukul 05.00 WIB dari Stasiun Lebak Bulus Grab hingga Stasiun ASEAN dan sebaliknya, hanya melewati 7 stasiun layang MRT Jakarta," ucap Kamal dalam keterangan tertulis yang dikonfirmasi reporter Tirto.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
The only doubt I have about this whole ambulance story is that it's so dumb. Can these people really be that stupid?

Perhaps yes.

According to Ahmad Riza Patria of Gerindra, the stones were put in their ambulance to discredit the party!

Yeah, they were waiting there the whole day with the filled gerobak for the ambulance to arrive. And luckily nobody noticed it when the rascals put it in there.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
It seems 6 people are arrested as possible instigators of the riots.

It concerns 4 retired military staff (2 high level and 2 medium level), 1 preman (Indonesian word for professional criminal, often from a syndicate) and the son of a very well known religious leader.

"MRT Jakarta akan beroperasi mulai pukul 05.00 WIB dari Stasiun Lebak Bulus Grab hingga Stasiun ASEAN dan sebaliknya, hanya melewati 7 stasiun layang MRT Jakarta," ucap Kamal dalam keterangan tertulis yang dikonfirmasi reporter Tirto.
Well I did 2 journeys, both getting out at Benhil, and it was continuing to the next station too, so yes it looks like they were giving false info.

Nimbus

Charter Member
Cager
Yes, but it's not easy to manage a household where 45% of the inhabitants are lunatics.
That's about the number of Trump supporters today, and USA is still (largely) ok.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Some images and videos go viral, they show police violence against a civilian. The word on the street was that it is a person called Harun Rasyid. Now of course it is very difficult to determine what happened where, esp. with all (digital) manipulation going on.

But the Metro Jaya Regional Police General Criminal Investigation revealed that the person in the video turned out to be one of the rioters in the (makar) action on May 21-22, a 30-year-old man named Andri Bibir. He was on the run but got trapped, he made that statement allegedly himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sidavies59
Top Bottom