Way to ship Amazon, etc. into Indonesia

Puspawarna

Cager
(This is gonna sound like spam, but it isn't - this is your very own Puspa sharing something that might be useful, I dunno.)

A while ago I bought my son a present on Woot.com and now I get their emails - boy, do they have some good deals. But they only ship to the US mainland, which excludes me since I'm in Hawai'i. Bah!

Someone suggested a service called Shipito and I have no idea if they are any good or what their rates are. It might be work checking out, though, since they say they'll give you a US address so that Amazon, e-Bay, etc. can ship to them, and then they'll ship it to you in whatever country you are in.

I might try them out, assuming they ship to Hawai'i (they only list foreign countries) and if I do I'll report back on whether they were any good or not.

Puspawarna

Cager
Amazon will ship directly to Indonesia, often no need for a third party, but with the recent customs fee changes it is much less appealing.
Yeah, I kind of thought that might be the case for Amazon, but there might be other on-line retailers (like Woot! or e-Bay maybe) that make the service worthwhile.

But, I assume the changes to import duties will be a problem no matter where the goods come from.

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
But, I assume the changes to import duties will be a problem no matter where the goods come from.
I think there may be an exception for ASEAN countries, I have not confirmed, unfortunately China is not exempted, nor US, Europe, Australia, etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veryambiguous
Top Bottom