VITAS Validity

Erwin

Dear all,

I'm new to this form, so bear with me if this is already asked before... Sorry, I'm also quite a newbie :)

I'm considering to request for a spouse KITAS and what I've seen so far, I first have to get a VITAS. With this VITAS I travel to Indonesia where I can obtain the KITAS (if everything goes well off course). If I'm not mistaken, I should request the VITAS in the country I'm currently living in.

My question is: what is the validity of the VITAS? Suppose I start the VITAS process now, and I obtain it, but I'm not able/allowed to travel to Indonesia for some months (due to restrictions). Is it possible that the VITAS expires?

Thanks in advance for your information!

I think the process is first apply for Sosbud and then when here then apply for Kitas.

Forgive me my ignorance, dear Harry. But what is a Sosbud?
A quick search learned me that this is a social visit? But isn't it true that you only can apply for a KITAS when outside of Indonesia? So, if I'm in Indonesia on a Sosbud, can I apply for a KITAS while there?

In my case my Indonesian wife and I applied for a social visit visa in Australia. Arriving in Indonesia in 2017 we then applied for Vitas or Kitas. With that completed we then applied for Kitap which is a 5 year renewable residential permit.

Things have changed somewhat so I hope someone will correct me if this is no longer the procedure. The Social Visit visa is simpler and easier to obtain.

Thanks Harry! I'm reading some articles on various websites, and the Indonesian immigration office requests some documents (of course). However, since me and me wife currently live abroad (Netherlands), my Indonesian wife currently does not have a KTP. She has a valid Indonesian passport though. We are married in Indonesia (so we have buku nikah).

I was in Indonesia on a tourist visa when my wife and I were married in 2018. I had to leave the country to get a VITAS and come back in on it. After than I applied for the KITAS in country. This year I have just completed the application for my KITAP in country but it is still in process. Hopefully immigration can clearly guide you on the process. Best of luck to you.

Thanks Hawk! Do you know, by any chance, the validity of the VITAS? I mean, I'm now in my home country outside of Indonesia. So, theoretically I can apply for a VITAS. However, I currently do not know when I'm allowed to travel due to the restrictions. If I get the VITAS and it expires before able to travel, everything is going to waste and having to restart again. But if the VITAS is valid for one year (for example) I have a lot of time, hopefully able to travel in that period... :)

As far as I know, they have stopped processing VITAS for now, following the tightening again at the borders due to the new Covid strains.

If they are processing VITAS, the process can be done all online via https://izintinggal-online.imigrasi.go.id/

You won't even have to visit the embassy, because it is now an e-Visa. Just the e-mail is enough.

Once the VITAS is issued, the visa part that allows entry into Indonesia is usually valid for 60 days. Once you are in Indonesia you need to convert it to KITAS that is valid for 1 year.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819