Visitor visa ahead of wedding in USA

ajb10

Hi all,

My Indonesian girlfriend and I are planning to travel to the USA to marry in the USA's Grand Canyon this Summer.
Is there a 90 day wait time for a visa appointment after filling out the online application in Jakarta? I'd need to get a much speedier turnaround as my holidays end in August.
Any advice on quick processing and other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Alexander

Wow good luck, right now I would be amazed if you even got an appointment in 2021 let alone actually get a visa approved

Getting a US visa is not an easy or quick process. 90 days is probably the fastest you could expect an answer (under the best conditions) but it is usually even longer than that. I personally do not know of any way to speed up the process especially with COVID restrictions in place.

I can't say for now, but in normal conditions pre pandemic, took two weeks to obtain US visa assuming all required documents are available. In our case, we got our 5 years US visa in a week - yes, one week - 5 working days to be exact.
However, there's no guarantee they will issue the visa. Happened to a friend of mine, no reason given.

I know a few people that have been denied as well even though they are a married couple. No reason given.

I literally just filled out a visa application for travel to the U.S. My agent told me the earliest interview will be in September, no date given.

I’d have a plan B and plan C on where you want to get married.

Does anyone know if a business visa will have a better chance of approval than a tourist one?

To the US? Possibly, depends on for who and what business and who is your sponsor? A blue chip? Or a mum and pop local store for an Indonesian female sales rep
A Nigerian is offering prime ocean front property in Arizona, and there's a meeting of investors.

Thanks a lot guys, the wait time is indeed 90 days. Just to update...I have been procrastinating and mulling going to Hong Kong to process the visa there. There is a much quicker turnaround time (2 days if you are resident, though it's not clear what the wait time is for non-residents). It would involve a 3 week hotel quarantine though.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs