Visa on arrival, what is the limit?

kokett

Hey there,

i was already stying in Indonesia with VoA, for this Dates:
  • 29.12.19 - 01.02.20
  • 09.02.20 - 25.07.20 (automatically extended due to corona)

Now i am planning to visit my wife in Indonesia and to process my spouse visa.
Is there any limit for the VoA by days/year?

Somehow i can not find any information on the immigration website.

Thanks guys.

All I can say is good luck trying to get in. This is the simple version and the most current information.

Taken from Korean Air(a number of other airlines have the same information).

Entry Restrictions / Quarantine Requirements

<Entry Requirements>

All foreign nationals

[Exceptions] KITAS/KITAP holders, participants for national projects, diplomats, Medical & Food aid/supporters

They must have a medical certificate to prove PCR Test result of COVID-19 negative, and quarantine is required for 14 days after arrival.

<Transit restrictions>

Not allowed

Entry Procedures / Special Conditions

• Visa exemption entry suspended
• Arrival visa issuance suspended

• Recommend downlad e-HAC App Open in new window pdf

Hey there,

i was already stying in Indonesia with VoA, for this Dates:
  • 29.12.19 - 01.02.20
  • 09.02.20 - 25.07.20 (automatically extended due to corona)

Now i am planning to visit my wife in Indonesia and to process my spouse visa.
Is there any limit for the VoA by days/year?

Somehow i can not find any information on the immigration website.

Thanks guys.

As of right now there is no VOA or visa waiver (free visa) being issued by Indonesia.

Thanks guys,
but lets say there is no restriction due to corona.
Is there any Limit for VOA? As i know some countries allow you to stay maximum 180days in total per year.

I still hope there will be a change this year and i can enter to process with the TELEX.

Right now you cannot enter on VOA until 2021 at the earliest

VOA pay $35 valid 30 days inclusive can be extended once only for 30 days more inclusive

Visa free (free) 30 days only inclusive

Neither of these are currently available or will allow entry to Indonesia anyway

The borders are closed until 2021 except for citizens and legal residents with kitas/p etc

Ask again in January 2021. Only 3 months to go. Or 12 psbb's

When you exit the country you are legally allowed to return even the same day on another new VOA but if you do this too many times / months immigration may deny you entry and ask you why you keep coming in as a tourist and might be suspicious as to your motives. E.g. working illegally etc

Thanks guys,
but lets say there is no restriction due to corona.
Is there any Limit for VOA? As i know some countries allow you to stay maximum 180days in total per year.

I still hope there will be a change this year and i can enter to process with the TELEX.

Before Covid, you can enter with VOA 30 days, then extend it once for another 30 days. Then you must leave the country and come back. You could do this for a very long time (years), although sometimes immigration may rightly question what you are doing.

If you do know an Indonesian person they can sponsor you for a tourist visa/social visit visa, that is good for 60 days + 4 x 30 days, without leaving the country, for about the same price as a VOA.

Right now none of these are available. Immigration is processing spousal VITAS out of compassion grounds, however.

Thanks a lot to all of you,
i am not planning to work illegally or whatever. I was just affraid that i reached any limit and can not enter to process with the spouse visa.
Sure there is now corona and restricting many things, even here in germany.

Lets hope for the best. Thanks again and stay safe. :)

Can you even process a KITAS when on a VOA? I think not.

Prior to Covid, you can't convert VOA to KITAS, but you can apply for a VITAS and leave the country and comeback. After Covid there is no VOA....but you can apply for KITAS in country, if you qualify.

Yes you can. This is what the embassy told me.
I need to enter with VOA, and do first the TELEX (which is actually done by my wife), with the TELEX i can apply for the KITAS.

I need to enter with VOA, and do first the TELEX (which is actually done by my wife), with the TELEX i can apply for the KITAS.
Ok good luck with that! You won't even get to check in at the airport.

I recommend doing it this way:
1. process the Telex while you are in Germany, it's done all online by your spouse. Make sure all docs are ready, follow other threads on that. https://www.expatindo.org/spousal-vitas-in-2019-update/
2. pick-up the VITAS-visa stamp from Indonesian Embassy (or better send your passport as of procedure instead of going there),
3. fly into Indonesia (already possible again during Covid if you have Spousal VITAS)
4. visit immigration after your 14 days quarantine and do the ITAS.

Just keep in mind that this is probably an exception due to covid that might not uphold. Usually Telex requires the visit of an embassy abroad (if you are in Indonesia: visa run). Conversion while inside the country is possible from Sosial Budaya/Visit visa (sponsored by your spouse). There is an info page on that process here: https://www.expatindo.org/how-to-apply-for-a-spouse-sponsored-kitas/

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back