Visa in advance extensions?

atoopi

Can a 60 day visa in advance be extended for an extra 30 days in either Lombok, Sumbawa or Flores?

I am coming in on a 60 day visa in advance, but when it expires, I'd like to spend another 30 days in Indonesia. For a total of 90 days. Can I remain in the country and extend it or do I have to I exit the country and re-enter with the visa-free option (to get the extra 30 days)?

jstar

Mr. 10,000
No problem to extend the visit visa (formerly SoBud), but: for the first extension they expect the sponsor to be there. And very often they want a sponsor from the region (esp. in far away locations at smaller immigration offices but even in Maumere), you won't get that demand in Bali.

If not possible, you'd have to leave or find a local (and new) sponsor.

atoopi

Do I really only need to stay an hour before flying back in? If yes, I can just stay at the airport until my re-entry flight. There is no reason to actually enter KL for example or SG to look for a room, spend money, etc..I can just re-enter the same day?

I thought the sponsor was only for the social visa? I am going to apply for the regular 60 day visa in advance. If i can't extend it easily, I will fly out, fly in. What is it like in Flores during Ramadhan since it is only a Muslim minority island?

gemima

Do I really only need to stay an hour before flying back in? If yes, I can just stay at the airport until my re-entry flight. There is no reason to actually enter KL for example or SG to look for a room, spend money, etc..I can just re-enter the same day?

I thought the sponsor was only for the social visa? I am going to apply for the regular 60 day visa in advance. If i can't extend it easily, I will fly out, fly in. What is it like in Flores during Ramadhan since it is only a Muslim minority island?
Yes, you can just fly right back, just dont admit that to the SG Immigration as I think a few people were sent back to Jakarta when they said they were doing visa runs (I'm not sure if that was ever proven to be the reason why but better just to say you are in SG for shopping or meeting someone etc.)

snpark

Cager
Yes you can literally land, walk through immigration, get stamped, walk upstairs and check in again and go straight through security

Just allow time for the queue. Eg it says arrival at 11a.m I would get the 2p.m return. Theres not usually queues to leave plus you can check in online anyway

SG is better than KL for immigration, lot quicker and no long walks

Also the duty free at SG is good, you can hover around the bottles and get lots of free samples

KL df sucks

But yes, nothing to stop you landing and leaving on the very next flight. Just allow for queue and shopping time

No need leave the airport
Book now for a trip next year and it will be less than $100 inc tax

Or if you can handle KL, the KLM flight is always very cheap 1.3jt return but you need an overnight stay and the queue is always horrendous both ways in security etc

jstar

Mr. 10,000
The thing is though, that for every ultra cheap flight to SG or KL, you'd have to be in Jakarta. And it seems @atoopi will be in the east. Flights to/from Flores etc. are rather rare and very expensive.

Anyway, many KBRI's like the one in Penang, will not even allow a 211 Visit Visa anymore without sponsor. And then for extension (also of a VOA) a sponsor is required. (Yes there are many stories about people who got it without having one.) The sponsor thing for an extension in a different location often is solved in a way similar to witnesses in a Las Vegas wedding btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww46
Top Bottom