US EMS speedpost to Indonesia

Davita

RIP
Charter Member
Sorry to hear that the cancer has metastasised Davita.

Thanks Daniel.

Good morning Davita,

My late wife went to a doctor to see if she might get vitamins or something to help with a feeling of lethargy and weariness. The check up led to the surgery which led to.... etc.

Thanks Harry...those are the signs I've been told to watch out for. The surgery is useful if all cells are removed but colorectal cells are clever little devils....they hide and tend to travel to the liver.

More reason for me to SCREAM....get a colonoscopy as a regular maintenance health check....at least once!

Same as breast checks, prostrate checks and skin checks. My GP in Canada was very thorough in checking all my little skin discoloration spots because his wife died from skin cancer.... but he never mentioned a colonoscopy.

harryopal

Charter Member
Davita,
I rang apotek Adhi Guna Farma 2 Jl. May. Jend. Sutoyo No. 45 Tel: Denpasar 238241. and they have the product for .50 less a pill. It is a bit of a run from Jimbaran and I have a month's supply in hand but I will go out that way some time and get a few month's worth. After finalizing Kitas I will make a trip to Townsville to pick up some remaining gear and see if I can get five or six month's supply then.
Talking of pills you doubtless saw that story last week of that hapless 22 year old woman from Australia who got caught in Bogota carrying 5.5 kilos of cocaine. There are drugs and then are other drugs. Best to keep away from them all if you can.

Davita

RIP
Charter Member
Davita,
I rang apotek Adhi Guna Farma 2 Jl. May. Jend. Sutoyo No. 45 Tel: Denpasar 238241. and they have the product for .50 less a pill. It is a bit of a run from Jimbaran and I have a month's supply in hand but I will go out that way some time and get a few month's worth. After finalizing Kitas I will make a trip to Townsville to pick up some remaining gear and see if I can get five or six month's supply then.
Talking of pills you doubtless saw that story last week of that hapless 22 year old woman from Australia who got caught in Bogota carrying 5.5 kilos of cocaine. There are drugs and then are other drugs. Best to keep away from them all if you can.

I should have asked my wife to check for you as she was there today...definitely the cheapest in town as told by my doctor.
I think anyone with 5.5 k of cocaine in Bogota is more stupid than hapless!
Btw... make sure when you bring your meds in from OZ to have your prescription handy. When we bring bulk meds/vitamins from Canada we put them in a plastic bag with all the names and prescriptions and show them to customs in Bali. Last time the officer congratulated and thanked my wife for being so thoughtful....and he missed the 'real-stuff' stowed between the suitcase lining....J/K.. I've never smoked a cigarette never mind taken any drugs unless from a doctor. Beer and wine are my drugs of choice.

When I was in the flying game we were prescribed mild sleeping-aids by the airline doctor.... but a few pilots got hooked on them. They were addictive!

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
I bring in 3 months of medication to Indonesia when I come. Never a problem.

I used to buy medication for my oldest daughter from India a decade ago. Arrived in the US with no problems, then. I'd probably try to find a friend in SIN or similar, and ship to them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SwingNinja
Top Bottom