Unlimited time KITAP

DaveS

I am on a retired person KITAP and have been on a KITAS/KITAP since 2003.
5 years ago i applied for my unlimited stay KITAP. I was issued a KITAP that had a "report" date five years after the issue date.
I am now preparing to report and my agent/sponsor has told me i must in essence re apply following the same process as 5 years ago. Also i must pay again what appears to be the fee for an unlimited KITAP.
Has anyone got experience re renewing the supposedly unlimited time visa? Specifically what is actually required and how much does it cost.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
The KITAP (reporting) itself is free Dave, but the problem will be your agent (so the sponsor of your retirement visa). I don't see them walking away from all that money and do any work for you for free.

Obviously you also still have the two year MERP. Hopefully that will be abolished one day.

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
I am on a retired person KITAP and have been on a KITAS/KITAP since 2003.
5 years ago i applied for my unlimited stay KITAP. I was issued a KITAP that had a "report" date five years after the issue date.
I am now preparing to report and my agent/sponsor has told me i must in essence re apply following the same process as 5 years ago. Also i must pay again what appears to be the fee for an unlimited KITAP.
Has anyone got experience re renewing the supposedly unlimited time visa? Specifically what is actually required and how much does it cost.
Hi DaveS,
Do you mind telling me when has been issued your first KITAP?

DaveS

The KITAP (reporting) itself is free Dave, but the problem will be your agent (so the sponsor of your retirement visa). I don't see them walking away from all that money and do any work for you for free.

Obviously you also still have the two year MERP. Hopefully that will be abolished one day.
H

DaveS

I visited immigration and they confirmed that there would be no fee for reporting.
I went back to my agent/sponsor and was able to get a reduction in the fee they were requesting but will still have to pay for their sponsor letter and application letter.
As you note they do not want to give up this easy income.
Also the two year entry permit is another thorn in our side as not only does it involve a fee for immigration you again need sponsor letters etc so must pay the agent again.
Living in Indonesia is great except for the hassle associated with formalities.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
How much did they ask you for? Just curious.
Also... they are definitely greedy to ask for sponsor letter fee for BOTH the KITAP and the permit.

DaveS

5 million from an initial 17 million. But will not charge for my next MERP sponsor letter.
Probably still too much but we retirees are captives of our sponsors. Too much hassle to change sponsors as you have to start from scratch.

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
5 million from an initial 17 million. But will not charge for my next MERP sponsor letter.
Probably still too much but we retirees are captives of our sponsors. Too much hassle to change sponsors as you have to start from scratch.
17 juta is pretty crazy. 5 juta for just a sponsor letter seems high, as well.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
17 juta is definitely classified as high robbery....5 juta i take it (hope) this already includes the 2 year MERP? Which if I'm not mistaken is 1,750,000.....usually they agent doubles the price...so that's 3,5 juta. The 1,5 juta is your letter fee....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Holloway
Top Bottom