TV Providers

Ruserious

Hi everyone. I've been using tv and internet from myrepublik for a while now and I find the internet service to be excellent but the TV offering extremely lacking. I used to have first media which was the exact opposite and significantly more expensive.
I do stream with Netflix but was recently looking at IPTV options. They seem questionable as to how legal they are despite frequently advertising all over the web and even on Facebook. Does anyone here actually use on of these? It's possible you might not even know and were sold a package by an advert down the pub etc; so if you have access to thousands of channels and most live sports then you are probably using one.
Anyone else have a good TV provider they recommend? Netlfix here only has so much and myrepublik doesn't even offer HBO.

Last edited:

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Many are country dependent, in my rather small home country there are already more than three providers. But our son is using Google Play Films & TV on an adhoc basis. and is looking into Amazon Prime Video as alternative for his Netflix. I just saw Apple will also get involved?

gemima

Cager
I use IPTV (necropitv), there are 1000s of different ones out there - this one has all the sport channels I could ever need and all US/ UK TV channels. I think it works out around 6 euro per month.
If I'm catching up on TV/ Movies I use various KODI add-ons (mainly GAIA at present) with a real debrid subscription to get premium links without buffering.

All of this is in a grey area legally so I use a good VPN (private internet access).

Ruserious

Gemima thanks for the response. Out of interest how do you control it? Do you use a firestick, chromecast, android box? Do you just use a normal tv remote to change channels etc?
Does it work pretty well without too much downtime?

gemima

Cager
Gemima thanks for the response. Out of interest how do you control it? Do you use a firestick, chromecast, android box? Do you just use a normal tv remote to change channels etc?
Does it work pretty well without too much downtime?
I was using an android box until recently but have migrated over to Firestick in the past few months (I got it as a christmas present). I can do everything I need to with the Firestick remote.

Its NOT for the faint hearted (or IT phobic) - it takes a bit of work to get the system up and running, especially KODI add-ons are in constant flux so every few months you do need to research what add-ons to use or how to tweak your setup. Usually there are helpful youtube videos/ websites that help with this.
I don't have much downtime - if a channel in IPTV isnt working there are usually 3 or 4 difference options for viewing it.

If you do go down this route - feel free to PM me for any help you need!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SwingNinja
Top Bottom