Trouble at Bank Mandiri: Many customers are having issues with their balances.

dafluff

Cager
Another day, another state owned company makes headline news, and not in a good way.

This Saturday morning (July 20, 2019) many customers of Bank Mandiri have reported errors with their balances. Some are reporting missing money, others excess money. Naturally customer service lines are overwhelmed, and many customers took to social media to try and solve the issue.

Mandiri's corporate secretary Mr Rohan Hafas said there has been an error in the bank's data transferring system. "At this time we would like to inform that the changes happened during an exchange between the core system to the back-up system, that we routinely do every end of day."

He says as many as 10% of customers may be affected. This could mean around 8.3 million accounts, as the bank reportedly has 83.5 million accounts as of 2018.

However, Bank Mandiri says it will have everything back to normal in 2 to 3 hours. At the time of writing, Bank Mandiri's online banking site is not accessible.

Bank Mandiri is Indonesia's largest bank, and is 60% owned by the Indonesian state.

Puspawarna

Cager
Could people actually withdraw the excess money, I wonder? That would certainly make for a headache.

Decades ago in the pre-digital era, I once got a bank statement in the mail that said I had a balance of over $80,000 when the true number was more like $300. I called the bank right away and they fixed it, but I've always wondered if I could have withdrawn the cash and absconded with it

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
I did not get any windfall, but when we tried to withdraw cash to pay the roofing contractor for his Saturday afternoon weekly payroll, the Mandiri ATM system was down, as was the entire Mandiri internet banking system. Late Saturday night and its up and running again. (We covered the payroll with my brother-in-law's money; he banks at BCA.)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Methblinkz
Top Bottom