Trip to and in Indonesia

Are you allowed out of the room, and if not who is stopping you from leaving to walk around? A security guard? Also is it true they take your passport until you've finished quarantine?
We are not allowed out of room. They keep our passports. The also don't give us the room key - they told us before.
This is one of the reason (I didnt mention before) to choose Borobudur Garden wing suite, as it's low rise building with balcony.
I hate the idea to be locked in high-rise building.
Actually, the situation is not that bad. Without room key, mean you will need them to open the door if you go out room, unless somebody inside or you left the door open.

I don't know about lift not working or security in each floor. We enjoy our time in the room. I'm actually WFH. And with static bike in the room we have enough activities

our day 4th PCR test is negative.
we'll check-out from the hotel this morning - hurray ...
so, i can say our 5 days quarantine is not bad

our day 4th PCR test is negative.
we'll check-out from the hotel this morning - hurray ...
so, i can say our 5 days quarantine is not bad

So the 5-day quarantine turned out to be 2 x half days, 3 x full days and only 4 nights. It's not too bad and is a descent way to deal with the jetlag.

So the 5-day quarantine turned out to be 2 x half days, 3 x full days and only 4 nights. It's not too bad and is a descent way to deal with the jetlag.
Yes, actually less than 2x half day, as the check in is after 14:00 and check out in the morning or even earlier if you wish.

And the hassle start.
We booked batik air flight to lombok yesterday which include option for antigen test.
Until today, we are yet to receive the voucher for antigen test.
We contacted the customer service, and she told that starting 24 October 2021, all flight require PCR test (?)
Okay, fine, assuming PCR test is required then we still entitle to get the voucher or refund.
But, she said that no refund, no voucher. WTF!

On the other hand, I check the latest letter from COVID task force no. 21 dated 20 October, stated the flight from/to outside java-bali ppkm level 1 and 2 require PCR 2x24H OR antigen 1x24H. Lombok is ppkm level 1.

Seem batik/lion air is find the way to steal money. Not much but still, a robbery.

Usually we always travel with Garuda. During the pandemic we always prefer to travel in biz class. Garuda biz class is quite expensive. So, we try batik air biz class which cost less than half Garuda.
Regret.

And the hassle start.
We booked batik air flight to lombok yesterday which include option for antigen test.
We contacted the customer service, and she told that starting 24 October 2021, all flight require PCR test (?)
Okay, fine, assuming PCR test is required then we still entitle to get the voucher or refund.

On the other hand, I check the latest letter from COVID task force no. 21 dated 20 October, stated the flight from/to outside java-bali ppkm level 1 and 2 require PCR 2x24H OR antigen 1x24H. Lombok is ppkm level 1.

Seem batik/lion air is find the way to steal money. Not much but still, a robbery.

Usually we always travel with Garuda. During the pandemic we always prefer to travel in biz class. Garuda biz class is quite expensive. So, we try batik air biz class which cost less than half Garuda.
Regret.
I've been wanting to comment on that PCR thing since the news came out a few days ago. I can't help not thinking that some people have purchased lots and lots of PCR test kits and unable to sell it, so I'm pretty sure somebody talked to their government friends asking them to ooh say, make up a rule so that they can sell those stuck inventory...I can't think of any other reason but that.

I've been wanting to comment on that PCR thing since the news came out a few days ago. I can't help not thinking that some people have purchased lots and lots of PCR test kits and unable to sell it, so I'm pretty sure somebody talked to their government friends asking them to ooh say, make up a rule so that they can sell those stuck inventory...I can't think of any other reason but that.
yup, i notice many people including the speaker of DPR questioning the use of PCR for screening. One of few things make sense from her :cautious:
interesting to see what's next and more .

and the Liar air take used it to steal people money too.

That rumor goes around, it could be thrue.

This is absolutely ridiculous... this whole IMEI farce is a nightmare and a money grab, once again. And of course, nobody will take responsibility for fixing this. This 2-hour wait would be the perfect moment to deal with this.
We visited Telkomsel store and explained to them our situation, that we are not living in Indonesia, practically we are "tourist" for 1 month only. So, the staff told us that we can use Telkomsel SIM card in my phone for 3 months. She did it in few minutes.
Good deal. Problem solved without wasting our time to return to custom office in airport.

We visited Telkomsel store and explained to them our situation, that we are not living in Indonesia, practically we are "tourist" for 1 month only. So, the staff told us that we can use Telkomsel SIM card in my phone for 3 months. She did it in few minutes.
Good deal. Problem solved without wasting our time to return to custom office in airport.

Does that mean a tourist can visit Indonesia, bring their phone and get a local SIM to use for 3 months (without the need to register the phone's IMEI at customs)?

We also visited Lion air office in jl.
And the hassle start.

Regret.
I have to update my comments above.
We visited Lion air office at jl Gajah Mada, for two purposes, 1. To complain about no refund policy for the antigen test we've paid.
2. To purchase PCR test voucher at special price price Rp. 250,000.
Indeed, it was their policy not to refund the paid antigen test cost assuming the flight required antigen test.
They change their policy to accommodate new requirements for PCR. Full refund will be received within 30 days.

Does that mean a tourist can visit Indonesia, bring their phone and get a local SIM to use for 3 months (without the need to register the phone's IMEI at customs)?
Yes, at least with Telkomsel. I don't know the other providers, could be similar.

That rumor goes around, it could be thrue.

Here, the antigen test provider might overstock the kits as their market become less and less with enforcement of PCR test

Of course, as with all this Covid drama plenty "business" involved....

Can't make money with the airport taxis at the moment, need to "diversify" !

Of course, as with all this Covid drama plenty "business" involved....

Can't make money with the airport taxis at the moment, need to "diversify" !

Indeed PCR is big bussines. For now, cost Rp. 495,000. Previously almost Rp. 1m.
I'm on the way to a clinic for PCR test. Cost us Rp. 250K with batik air voucher.
I don't think batik/lion air subsidize the PCR test cost and certainly the clinic/lab loosing money for PCR test of Rp. 250K.
So, their profit margin must be more than hundred %.
Moreover, how much time wasted just to get the PCR test. We will need more than 30 minutes one way just get the nearest clinic/lab.

Indeed PCR is big bussines. For now, cost Rp. 495,000. Previously almost Rp. 1m.
I'm on the way to a clinic for PCR test. Cost us Rp. 250K with batik air voucher.
I don't think batik/lion air subsidize the PCR test cost and certainly the clinic/lab loosing money for PCR test of Rp. 250K.
So, their profit margin must be more than hundred %.
Moreover, how much time wasted just to get the PCR test. We will need more than 30 minutes one way just get the nearest clinic/lab.
And if you travel to Java by ferry, the rapid (antigen) test is enough.

The Missus goes back to Java Friday (for Galungan) and I asked her to double check this morning with our usual driver.
I guess the idea is that poor people use the ferry, so give them the cheap option, and that those who travel by plane are by essence rich, and can afford the expensive test ?

Well, till the rapid test stock is exhausted ....
And as usual rules can change overnight.

PS : There is brand new diving school near my place, opened just before Covid and the tourist ban. They converted to PCR test station. Prices a few months ago were over 1 M 😱😱😱😱

2 vacs and a pcr to travel when they say things are under control. When things were looking ugly, only rapid test required for domestic travel. Something certainly stinks in the central government with this. Price in India, about $6.00 for pcr.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back