Travelling on Vitas

yantiharun1

Can you travel abroad when holding Vitas? If the answer is yes, how often can you travel in 12 mos.?

jstar

Mr. 10,000
I guess you mean KITAS? (The VITAS normally needs to be exchanged the moment you enter the territory of RI.)

You can leave whenever and how often you want, as long as it's not longer than 6 months. All assuming you have a MERP of course.

yantiharun1

I am hoping you can answer my questions.

I've received Pemberitahuan Persetujuan Visa as follows:

Permohonan saudara dimaksud telah dikabulkan dengan penguasaan Dir. Jen. Imigrasi kepada Perwakilan RI di Singapura

Informasi:
1. Persetujuan Ini Berlaku Selama 60 (enam puluh) hari.
2. Setelah Tiba Di Indonesia, Harap Mengajukan Permohonan Izin Tinggal Terbatas Ke Laman Itas Online Pada: http:// izintinggal.imigrasi.go.id/IT-online/.
3. Untuk verifikasi keabsahan dokumen ini silahkan kunjungi: http://visa.imigrasi.go.id.

Did I receive the approval for Vitas? so, the next step will be going to KBRI in Singapore for Processing? Is the http://visa.imigrasi.go.id the correct website to verified? I always receive the "error" message.
Thank you

jstar

Mr. 10,000
No, that is the old website.

Here you see the steps and how it should look like:

snpark

Cager
This is the telex approval for your kitas. You need to go to SG to collect it and come back. Then you also need to hand over your passport for a few weeks max to process your e-kitas so you can't travel then

I guess theoretically when you have the vitas approval yes you could travel but it expires in 60 days and when you come back to indonesia you would need a new voa etc which might confuse them

And since you need a kitas to be here legally working etc since you have applied for it, one wonders why you don't just fly to sg Monday for a day and finish the process and return

Once your kitas is complete you can come and go as you please for 12 months

jstar

Mr. 10,000
The weird thing is that the (e-mail) confirmation -okay let’s call it telex- is very different from the one that another poster ( @Lila ) received. In fact, it looks more like the confirmation e-mail you’d receive after the embassy visit.

I can only imagine leaving Indonesia while still on Vitas in case of an emergency.

snpark

Cager
we never really know what the posters mean half the time anyway, maybe the agent has the latest email and didn't relay that

etc etc etc

yantiharun1

Thank you for your response. I guess that is the approval for Vitas email sent from Dir. Jen. Immigration.
I am sorry, I didn't expect the online experience to be that pleasant.
I was applying for Vitas for Repatriation – C318
I hope the next step will be going smoothly as well.
Wish me Luck!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
konnoraDen
Top Bottom