Tokopedia Payment

Error505

HI,

i contact from Italy in Europe, today i try to buy different digital items, when i try to pay with my Visa CC the payment is refused, i try with CCV (entropay) and have same issue.
what i can do to pay the seller item? you have advice?

there are some prepaid card i can use to pay on tokopedia or some CCV working?

Some countries are reluctant to let Indonesia vendors use their CC
Try contact seller?

yes, he accept only tokopedia payments, i see indomaret code.... there are something i can do to pay it online?

Yes, most probably the issue is with your credit card provider. It is best to contact your financial institution first. I have had no problems with 'local' debit and credit cards on systems like Tokopedia. But many of those from my European home country could at first not be used abroad (esp. in the US and Asia) and had to be 'unlocked'.

NB: Indomaret you mention, is a supermarket chain. Often when buying items online as train or plane tickets in Indonesia, you can go and pay there at the cashier (within 24 hours or so).

Yes, most probably the issue is with your credit card provider. It is best to contact your financial institution first. I have had no problems with 'local' debit and credit cards on systems like Tokopedia. But many of those from my European home country could at first not be used abroad (esp. in the US and Asia) and had to be 'unlocked'.

NB: Indomaret you mention, is a supermarket chain. Often when buying items online as train or plane tickets in Indonesia, you can go and pay there at the cashier (within 24 hours or so).

i try speak with my bank but he reply there aren't problem with payment, yes there are that method but i am in italy not in indonesia xD there are other payment method work from eu?

IMG_7495.jpg

Well, bank transfer. But that takes a long time (after transfer up to 48 hours to check) and I personally never tried it. But the bank accounts (without SWIFT codes of course, :ohwell:) are published on the Tokopedia website.

I assume you don't have any family or friends in Indonesia with a debit card or online banking? Then it's very easy.

bank transfert but only with INdonesian bank there aren't any IBAN to do the payment, no not have friend/family at indonesia...

Yes it sucks but is doable; they don't have IBAN here but SWIFT. That is the same as BIC.

So in the online banking system you use you need to enter CENAIDJA for instance, for BIC of BCA and then the bank account number from the Tokopedia website.

But but but: Very often you also need to 'glue' the bank affiliate code BEFORE the bank account number, otherwise the Indonesian bank will keep the payment in limbo. Risky.

there are prepaid card in indonesian i can buy? tokopedia open ticked for me and see a solution...but is very strange...
i want buoi 10-15€ of item LOL

Hi there,

Not sure what you are buying, but Tokopedia is really geared for purchases within Indonesia only so far.

If possible, maybe contact the vendor directly and see if you can make the purchase directly? It won't have Tokopedia's protection, but for a 10-15€ item it may be ok?

tokopedia reply:

sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding to your issue, for now Tokopedia only shipping to Indonesia, but if you have relatives / friends / family in Indonesia you can ask for help to them, then send to the country you want. In addition, we can inform you that credit card payments can only be used for credit card bank issuers from Indonesia. Thanks ^ DS

and

sorry for the inconvenience. Like we inform to you before, we'd like to apologize that we don't support any international shopping and shipment at this moment. Thank you ^KF

My article is digital not physic, no need ship!
Now i try to search an person who buy from me (pay tax) from indonesia.
Next Step is go to indonesia made a prepaid card and pay everything!

tokopedia reply:
sorry for the inconvenience. Like we inform to you before, we'd like to apologize that we don't support any international shopping and shipment at this moment. Thank you ^KF

My article is digital not physic, no need ship!

It seems they don't support international transactions. The nature of product is irrelevant.

I'm from Singapore and I doing business in tokopedia. Yes they can't accept any credit Mastercard from overseas. I'm lucky coz my husband is from Jakarta. Each time I made a purchase my husband help me either cimb virtual indo banking or at alfa or indomaret. Then ask him to ship to Singapore.

When an item is purchased from/through Tokopedia (or Bukalapak, Shopee etc) the seller has to send it through a courier, for instance JNE or J&T. The seller will get a nomor resi from the courier and he has to enter that number as a proof of shipping (sometimes this is done automatically). Tokopedia will verify that number and track the shipment until it has been delivered. Two days after delivery, the payment of the buyer will be released automatically by Tokopedia to the seller.
Even when an electronic item (software, a license etc.) is bought, there has to be a physical shipment (for a receipt number that has to be entered). My guess is that international shipping, which means working with 3rd party couriers, and keeping track of the shipment through these various 3rd party websites is a pain and a risk that Tokopedia doesn't want to take.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back