Toilet Cafe in Semarang

Uuggghhh......any Semarang people want to give a first hand review? Travellingchez?

I might have to go and have a look. Though I don't think I'll be eating there. I don't trust they are unused as people recondition old loos here :sick: :spit:

This concept started in Japan maybe 4 or 5 years ago.

I am just back from Semarang city so meaby next week I have a look there but I am not sure my wife like to see this.

Well it is a bowl...of sorts! Self cleaning with the pull of a lever?

I hope the bowls a unused, I'm not to keen on the meat balls, I hope there is no similarity between the the meat balls and you know what,

I've seen the story about the Japanese one. People need to be entertained, I guess.

Large portions..

Sounds like a gimmick they found while watching something on utube out of Japan.

I'm not particularly picky, but I've seen too many unflushed/backed up squat toilets in my life to ever, ever, eat anything served in one. I don't care if I watched it being manufactured, triple-washed with bleach and hot water, and guaranteed never-used for anything except food. The associations are still there.

I have a habit of pushing myself outside my comfort zone, as long as it's not dangerous. Well, sometimes I do dangerous too. Anyway, this is most definitely outside my comfort zone, but I'll try it at least once.

I also know that the average toilet has less bacteria than the average computer keyboard. Toilets are flushed at least once a day, and most likely scrubbed just as often. When was the last time you sanitized your keyboard?

Stop being reasonable, Nimbus!

But if you insist ... the bacteria on my fingers (and presumably on my keyboard) are generally friendly critters that my entire body is at home with. Defecation bacteria are of another sort entirely - if they get out of the intestines where they are usually quarantined, they can cause illness.

Short version: but I don't poop on my keyboard!

Stop being reasonable, Nimbus!

But if you insist ... the bacteria on my fingers (and presumably on my keyboard) are generally friendly critters that my entire body is at home with. Defecation bacteria are of another sort entirely - if they get out of the intestines where they are usually quarantined, they can cause illness.

Short version: but I don't poop on my keyboard!
Unfortunately researches still show that there are higher concentration of dangerous bacteria in spots other than the toilet.
http://www.rd.com/home/cleaning-organizing/germs-toilet-seat/

I still won't make a habit of eating out of the toilet though.

Without looking at that link, I am going to guess it pinpoints the kitchen sink...let's see...

NOPE! I was wrong. Interesting article.

What a weird idea....... I wonder what was going through the persons mind when they thought of that.

Makes me feel sick just looking at the photo.

Oh well, maybe there are some people who won't mind eating food out of a toilet.....just don't order anything called "Chef's Special Surprise"

If there were choices, eating street food or out of a washed toilet bowl shaped dish? I do believe the toilet bowl wins.

That reminds me of a funny slogan on the side of the truck for a septic tank/sewer company.

It reads: Your poop is our bread & butter.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinYao