Things I see around Yogya.

Vanhelsing

Cager
uR8USe8l.jpg

I went looking for a quiet beach yesterday and found one with a driftwood structure built in the sand and a lone fisherman standing under it. I can only assume it's a look-out of some description, perhaps for boats..

DNC59Egl.jpg

A closer look at it.

ghUSVmel.jpg

The local community had a small festival today where we were treated to various dance and music performances during the course of the afternoon.

mzSkzVml.jpg

An old man walks down the lane.

Pta98Yal.jpg

There's a small square I like to take a koppi at not far from where I stay. It's full of wily characters playing chess and generally lounging about. This guy is one of the more colorful participants.

031WBotl.jpg

An Australian car from around 1962 in almost pristine condition I saw in the middle of nowhere about twenty kilometres outside Yogya while on my scooter yesterday.

T5vjMfOl.jpg

Is there anything more relaxing than an afternoon ride through the rice field? I think not.

The driftwood structure is a great peace of ephemeral art. The creator just needs to be recognized and he could travel with it to all the great art galleries around the world. Indonesia could do worse than sponsor him or her.

On the other hand the notion that this is a "lookout for boats might really just be a cover when it is actually a platform for contacting Aliens.

I thought perhaps spotting schools of fish, also.. But i think you're right. The pieces of wood chosen for the piece are perhaps a little elaborate for a simple lookout.

cB8tKjJl.jpg

I tend to see a few rusty old bikes mounted to walls around the place. I'm not entirely sure why so many.

F3evWqEl.jpg

I could hear these young martial artists going through their paces behind a high wall. Once I popped my head around the corner it seemed this group became somewhat more vigorous in their practice. One particular young chap was so engaged in his efforts, it wouldn't have surprised me to see one of his limbs go spiraling off into the air.

RgXxnAml.jpg

I do find local female dress appealing. Especially when worn by beautiful women.

wjHXJQql.jpg

I'd pulled over to take a break from riding when this chap pulled up in front of me. When a masked man carrying what appears to be a gun takes interest in you, he gets your full attention. Fortunately the air rifle had been converted into a fishing harpoon with attached reel to wind the catch in. He was doing surprisingly well from an irrigation ditch, I thought

nd7QLgxl.jpg

Obstructions warning you of potential obstructions.

The Maybank branch manager I mentioned in another thread invited me to his wedding which was today. Indonesian weddings are a hoot

2NIh7h7l.jpg

DRL4f1ol.jpg

FV9S2WEl.jpg

DXE0FJwl.jpg

vk4doXml.jpg

I've been laid low with a bit of a fever these past couple of days. Some photos walking to and from the chemist this morning.

qd6GqQfl.jpg

Always time for feeding or playing with a cat.

flaOHuil.jpg

Roots growing through the road.

YhDEZaFl.jpg

You can never have too many hats when spray painting motos.

pHAU39Nl.jpg

I'm glad he wears that conical hat and doesn't have to sit on it.

dPJBegvl.jpg

I like how these news boards become small social hubs of a morning when the new papers go up.

M57Xo0cl.jpg

!0 000 rupiah or 70 US cents for a hair cut.

I hope the fever is nothing more than a passing moment.

It seems many of us are enjoying your pics which makes me and perhaps others curious to see a selfie to see the man behind the camera.

I hope the fever is nothing more than a passing moment.

It seems many of us are enjoying your pics which makes me and perhaps others curious to see a selfie to see the man behind the camera.

Thanks for the concern, harry. Just a fever thing that seems to bug me every now and again. Not sure why, but doesn't cause any real problems.

Selfie??You can find me if you dig a little. I've sold a boat I owned, a scooter, and furniture to different forum members (from the other forum who are on this forum now as well). I'm nothing to look at, and not anyone of any importance.

Down at the markets this morning.

8LZCRzul.jpg

This guy was one of the happiest, chattiest guys you'd meet.

iaa13Ivl.jpg

The step into her shop was a good bench height it seems.

FeBGGtvl.jpg

This was the very last stall at the very far end of the market.

O0uKH8ml.jpg

The local beggar fell asleep on the job.

QcMlvk4l.jpg

I see you.

5zzWFgKl.jpg

The chatty guy again.

zYZQ3O3l.jpg

Obligatory banana shot.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiatestaging
Back