Thin line between begging, demanding and requesting donasi

jstar

Mr. 10,000
The closer we get to Lebaran, the more you see people asking for donations etc. Satpam etc. address residents in the hope to get more individually. And more and more (street) beggars have moved to the cities.

Now this is a special case though: A group of men (some refer to them as FPI but I can't tell) enter an Indomaret (mini supermarket) and ask for a donation.

When they get 1.000 rupiah, this happens (this video is going viral as we speak):

I really wonder if you can be that stupid to talk about an insult if you know the girl/boy behind the cashier is not the owner of the shop and almost makes no money. And that you would compare it to the 100K you got on the market from a vendor.

Not to mention that all damage you do to the shop, will have to be covered by the active employees (similar to a Starbucks or so; theft is paid by personnel).

Also, it is rather peculiar to hear him state that the 1.000 could/should be okay to give to a Christian?!

A complaint has been filed with the police.

Where did this happened? In Jakarta? Going door-to-door asking for donations should be made haram, hopefully someone will suggest to MUI to issue the fatwa soon.

The closer we get to Lebaran, the more you see people asking for donations etc. Satpam etc. address residents in the hope to get more individually. And more and more (street) beggars have moved to the cities.

Now this is a special case though: A group of men (some refer to them as FPI but I can't tell) enter an Indomaret (mini supermarket) and ask for a donation.

When they get 1.000 rupiah, this happens (this video is going viral as we speak):

I really wonder if you can be that stupid to talk about an insult if you know the girl/boy behind the cashier is not the owner of the shop and almost makes no money. And that you would compare it to the 100K you got on the market from a vendor.

Not to mention that all damage you do to the shop, will have to be covered by the active employees (similar to a Starbucks or so; theft is paid by personnel).

Also, it is rather peculiar to hear him state that the 1.000 could/should be okay to give to a Christian?!

A complaint has been filed with the police.
#BubarkanFPI

So should excessively loud speakers, in fact I believe it already is

Indeed there is a law or regulation on loud speakers, but there is no reduction of volume (at least in my neighborhood), on the contrary it seems louder now than before. The law can only be applied if there is a complaint, but who dares to take the risk to complain?

It's a regulation from the 1970s that is a bit vague. But since all the "proper" islamic countries don't have speakers on every corner with poor quality speaker systems, someone should break it to these guys that not only are they annoying and disrupting huge numbers of people, they are also insulting Islam by making people associate it with such negativity, low quality sound and noise pollution.

God speed Helpful Herbert and his campaign for peace and tranquility as he goes from mosque to mosque explaining, ".... not only are they annoying and disrupting huge numbers of people, they are also insulting Islam by making people associate it with such negativity, low quality sound and noise pollution. "

And what kind of flowers would you like at your funeral?

The regional manager of IndoMaret Medan got involved. Jafar Quba, the guy of the video, apologized and stated it was all 'onze big misunderstanding'. (Also that he thought the owner was Chinese?) He is a youth leader in the mosque and stated the donation was for Palestinians.

God speed Helpful Herbert and his campaign for peace and tranquility as he goes from mosque to mosque explaining, ".... not only are they annoying and disrupting huge numbers of people, they are also insulting Islam by making people associate it with such negativity, low quality sound and noise pollution. "

And what kind of flowers would you like at your funeral?
Well yes, I might not put in a personal appearance. But a proselytising religion like islam should make people so enthusiastic about it that they want to join. I'm not sure permanently disrupting people's sleep and creating unnecessary noise pollution is really the way to enthuse people. It probably even puts off some of the existing flock.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819