There is a housing complex on top of Thamrin City Mall, and Jakarta's netizens are losing their minds.

dafluff

Cager
Having apartments on top of a mall is fairly common. However, it turns out there is a whole housing complex on top of Thamrin City Mall, complete with paved roads for cars.

The complex also has a tennis court and a swimming pool and serving around 70 townhouse style homes. The complex, which could be the ultimate gated community, was developed around 2005-2006. However, it didn't get much attention until twitter user @shahrirbahar uploaded a picture of it.

"I have been to TamCit (the short hand name for Thamrin City) hundreds of times, but I never knew there was a housing complex on top of us" wrote a surprised Twitter user

"How do you order GoFood?" asks another one. An important question I would like to know the answer to as well.

The original tweet has been retweeted over 26 thousand times.

Detik Finance reports that the most recent sale price of a unit on top of Thamrin City is around Rp 4.5 billion (approx US$320,000), which considering the location is probably not a bad deal.

Here is another photo from Kompas.com showing a better front view:

Balifrog

One of the basic rules of real estate "location, location, location"

For some this may be the ultimate location ?

jstar

Mr. 10,000
which considering the location is probably not a bad deal.
Nah.

This is -a bit like Mall Ambassador or Mangga Dua- one of these very very crappy mall buildings, for cheap batik and textiles, with Bakmi GM as the more luxurious restaurant.

The whole Netizen buzz thing is more because of the extensive promotion ; try to open a website as Tribun or so without getting the sponsored pop-up.

Last edited:

Helpful Herbert

I went there back in about 2011 as a friend lived there, it has some little houses, driveways and a swimming pool if I remember, but at that point was a long way off full occupancy.

Not sure about the GoFood question. I mean you just install an app on your phone, select a restaurant, and click a few buttons to select some food, then they arrive later and bring it up in the elevators (or ask you to go down to the lobby). Same as they would do for people living in the apartments further down. I mean how else do they expect it to work - drop the food from a drone?

jstar

Mr. 10,000
The Villas on top of MOI? Yeah, I'm there a lot 😬

Houses with three floors on a stamp of a parcel, 150-160 m2 big. A lot of bedrooms (I really don't know what to do with five), so you do stairs all day long, and that for 4-5 milyar.

At least you have a view right? Well no. The apartment towers of MOI surround you. Which attract a certain type of people btw.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
susanjohn1
Top Bottom