The stick or deportation?

El_Goretto

Cager
I was chatting over dinner with some friends about caning in Singapore. It surprised them that it was still an active form of official punishment.

It got me searching for details on how and when it is administered and I learned that for foreigners overstating their visa by 90 days, caning is the appropriate punishment.

According to Wikipedia, the offender only finds out when they will receive their caning on the day it is carried out. Moreover, during the handing of the punishment, the offender is naked with feet and hands attached, bent over with protection on the lower back and the canning is given on bare butt.

So it is a bit more involved than just a few slaps on the butt.

If given the choice, what would you choose? Deportation or a sore butt? Although, presumably, deportation is also following after the caning in Singapore.

Perhaps, when complaining about the overstay fine in Indonesia, offenders should be glad they didn't do so in Singapore! 😂😂

Yeah, it was a big thing in the 90ies, there were some cases with US and Swiss citizens…

So kids, don’t steal Singaporean road signs and don’t spray graffiti on the MRT trains!

What are the crime rates in Singapore? How about comparing the crime rates in Aceh to another comparable size area in Indonesia? Fines only punish people without a lot of money. A rich person can get fined multiple times and it's not going to affect their behavior. Although some countries base the fine on income which may be a little more like punishment.

I was chatting over dinner with some friends about caning in Singapore. It surprised them that it was still an active form of official punishment.

It got me searching for details on how and when it is administered and I learned that for foreigners overstating their visa by 90 days, caning is the appropriate punishment.

According to Wikipedia, the offender only finds out when they will receive their caning on the day it is carried out. Moreover, during the handing of the punishment, the offender is naked with feet and hands attached, bent over with protection on the lower back and the canning is given on bare butt.

So it is a bit more involved than just a few slaps on the butt.

If given the choice, what would you choose? Deportation or a sore butt? Although, presumably, deportation is also following after the caning in Singapore.

Perhaps, when complaining about the overstay fine in Indonesia, offenders should be glad they didn't do so in Singapore! 😂😂
I reckon if they stripped me naked & bent me over with my arse in the air, then I would not be the one suffering- I reckon they would rapidly yell- Holy Guacamole! My eyes need bleaching! Cover the old bag up & deport her,

I reckon if they stripped me naked & bent me over with my arse in the air, then I would not be the one suffering- I reckon they would rapidly yell- Holy Guacamole! My eyes need bleaching! Cover the old bag up & deport her,
Probably would have to get in the line to be canned with their fantacies created and their later hopes for you.

yikes ... A Bad-azz might be farting when get canned.
I believe they have male and female executors.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back