Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Indonesia?

Oulie

Hello!

Im probably moving to Indonesia (Bali) for work this summer. Problem is, I am currently on TRT and have been for some time. I can just buy the medication in a pharmacy here.

Is it possible to continue my treatment? I have a prescription, of course.

Thanks for your help!

Your foreign prescription probably won't work here - I did a quick google for Testosterone replacement therapy bali and some clinics seem to provide it - I suggest you contact them.

Oh I should add that it's surprising what you can buy OTC here sometimes - the contraceptive pill is available for example.

My wife attempted to get a medication she has been on for years from the Apotek we normally use. They said had to have a prescription from doctor. She showed them a letter from her US doctor stating what medications she was on and then no problem. Get's it monthly with no questions now. Doctors here seem to want you to return every month for a new prescription.

Yeah, I saw those clinics when I did my initial searches. From my experience, they can be very expensive, but at least there is some hope there.

At the moment I do my own injections, so I am used to just getting the meds at the pharmacy. Does anyone have a reliable legitimate contact information for a pharmacist? I'm thinking that contacting someone directly might be the only way of really knowing?

I can only speak about HRT patches & when i came here initially I couldn't get them the only HRT treatment available was through hospital clinics.
I ended up in Thailand clearing Sukhumvit of its HRT patch supplies - that probably didn't go down well in the trans community.

[ edit- my point was it might not be as easy as you think for some meds. Without knowing the specific name it isn't easy to check availability but a simple search throws this up in Tokopedia- one of the online shops here https://www.tokopedia.com/liesbeauty/nebido-testosterone-undecanoate-1000mg-4ml-bayer-exp-2022 )

Last edited:
I can only speak about HRT patches & when i came here initially I couldn't get them the only HRT treatment available was through hospital clinics.
I ended up in Thailand clearing Sukhumvit of its HRT patch supplies - that probably didn't go down well in the trans community.

Hahah, thanks... I was worried I might have to do that, but then have problems with customs. The medication is pretty cheap, usually. I used to live in Thailand, so I know I can get a months worth of it for about $20 usd.

[ edit- my point was it might not be as easy as you think for some meds. Without knowing the specific name it isn't easy to check availability but a simple search throws this up in Tokopedia- one of the online shops here https://www.tokopedia.com/liesbeauty/nebido-testosterone-undecanoate-1000mg-4ml-bayer-exp-2022 )

I saw that site too, in my initial search. The problem is I don't know... is it fake medication? For people who abuse steroids, they buy online but have problems with fakes all the time.

Hahah, thanks... I was worried I might have to do that, but then have problems with customs. The medication is pretty cheap, usually. I used to live in Thailand, so I know I can get a months worth of it for about $20 usd.

I saw that site too, in my initial search. The problem is I don't know... is it fake medication? For people who abuse steroids, they buy online but have problems with fakes all the time.
I have no idea, if I knew the name of the medication I could search for it & find out if the online pharmacies sell it. Actually I have to go to the pharmacy in the next day or two, I can ask them - if you don't want to post the name publicly send me a DM & then I can ask.

I have no idea, if I knew the name of the medication I could search for it & find out if the online pharmacies sell it. Actually I have to go to the pharmacy in the next day or two, I can ask them - if you don't want to post the name publicly send me a DM & then I can ask.
That would be amazing! Thanks!

Im currently on;
Testosterone Enanthate, but almost any other injectable version would work. (They do have pills, but they don't work for me [liver issues]).
In my searches I have found that apparently Sustanon and Nebido (commercial names of Testosterone medications) are available in Indonesia, but I haven't been able to verify this.

I'm interested in TRT to supplement my weight training. Can I ask the benefits you get from it? I mean, I can Google it but I'd like to hear it from an individual's point of view.

I'm not really sure. I mean, I guess it would help- but I don't really have much experience with that.
I'm on TRT because of some pretty significant health problems. I do exercise, but we are talking very very far from any kind of bodybuilding or anything like that.

Besides, the treatment is for life. Once you go on, that's it.

Bukalapak seem to have lots of it for sale- this one specifies that it can be tracked back to the lab.
Bukalapak TRT
I will ask at the local place when I go too.

*A quick search of Suatanton di jual brings up lots of hits on the shopping sites.
I don't really use them myself, others can probably talk about the reliability and honesty of these sites, I believe you can check the goods & have recourse if fake much as one would on ebay/amazon. I guess one has to check the reputation & feedback of suppliers.

Last edited:
That would be amazing! Thanks!

Im currently on;
Testosterone Enanthate, but almost any other injectable version would work. (They do have pills, but they don't work for me [liver issues]).
In my searches I have found that apparently Sustanon and Nebido (commercial names of Testosterone medications) are available in Indonesia, but I haven't been able to verify this.
Those 2 are the only ones listed in Mims for Testosterone Enanthate. Suggest you download Mims and you can see information on each. There is an Apotik in Poins Square, G6, Cilandak, Jakarta Selatan that carries a really large inventory. Apotik Super Saver. I do know they have never questioned anything we requested. They just fill it. Busy place.

Sustanon and Nebido are available at pharmacies and TRT clinics. You will need a prescription for either of these and the syringe if you go directly to a pharmacy (at least from my experience). All other types of injectable testosterone will have to come from the gray market since they are not government approved. Nebido and Sustanon do not work well for everyone and are much more expensive than regular testosterone cypionate for example. Because of the limited choices, expect to pay more here than in other countries. Official Nebido sells for about $180 US per dose and official Sustanon sells for about $25 US per dose. Gray market testosterone cypionate 250mg is about $50 US per 10 ml vial.

Official Nebido sells for about $180 US per dose and official Sustanon sells for about $25 US per dose. Gray market testosterone cypionate 250mg is about $50 US per 10 ml vial.
Ouch!
I'm curious about this "gray market" though - $50 usd for 20 weeks worth of treatment seems more reasonable to me. What does it mean, exactly?

It's not sold though a registered pharmacy and does not have to meet any government standards. The chances of getting a sub-par or straight up counterfeit product are much higher than buying an official branded product that meets government requirements. With that being said, there are some "reputable" (if you can use that term) gray market or underground laboratories. It would be much better if the Indonesian government would approve and regulate generic testosterone but since they don't, you are kind of stuck in the position of paying an extreme amount of money for an "official" product or buying a much cheaper un-official product. Not the best situation but it is what it is. Any injectable testosterone available in Indonesia that is not official Nebido or official Sustanon will be a gray market product. Also be aware that a lot of grey market producers make a form of Sustanon as well.

Huge thanks for taking the time to write all that out. It's very clear.

Damn.
I'm guessing that buying online and having it shipped from the EU would be not such a great idea? (In terms of customs, laws, etc...)

If you buy a product on line which is available in Indonesia, no matter how much dearer here, your imported product will be confiscated.

Huge thanks for taking the time to write all that out. It's very clear.

Damn.
I'm guessing that buying online and having it shipped from the EU would be not such a great idea? (In terms of customs, laws, etc...)
I can't speak about the laws in terms of importing a medication but I can tell you from personal experience that Indonesian customs is very through. Every package that I have received from an International location has been inspected and subsequently taxed by customs. Not some packages, or most packages, but every single package I have received Internationally. Also once customs decides the value of an item, you must pay the taxes due or forfeit the item. A purchase receipt showing the actual price paid for item will not change their valuation decision but that is a different topic. Much better to buy local than import anything here.

How does that apply with used items? For example, if I had a family member post me some used music books?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819