Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Indonesia?

The only used item I received was CPAP machine for sleep apnea from the US and I still had to pay taxes as if it were new. Customs supplied the valuation. I don't know where they draw the line or exactly what items are supposed to be taxed but in my experience there has always been a tax to pay. YMMV. I even had an outbound package get returned from customs because it had small knife in the package. The receiving country had no problems with the knife but Indonesian customs wouldn't let it go out. Needless to say, I no longer have anything sent from outside the country nor do I send anything outside the country. Always a hassle and money to pay.

How does that apply with used items? For example, if I had a family member post me some used music books?
It has been years, but I paid something like a million in tax on having my old tent sent over from the States. Tent was probably eight or ten years old at that point. Still had sand in it from Italy. I still use the tent until now and it was definitely worth more than a million, but I wish I had waited for my next trip stateside.

Perhaps things have changed?

The only used item I received was CPAP machine for sleep apnea from the US and I still had to pay taxes as if it were new.
Ouch. I also have sleep apnea- I am trying to work out getting a new machine before leaving.

The situation with customs is freaking me out now. Lol. I'm going to start sifting through posts to find out the best way to relocate.

Experience would suggest that you buy your machine, remove it from it's box and any plastic wrapping and bring it in your personal luggage. With several trips to and fro before settling here I never had any problems with accompanied baggage going through customs arriving in Bali.

Much better to bring a new machine with you in your baggage. I agree with harry, accompanied baggage at the airport has never been a problem.

Not trying to freak you out, just passing on information that I wish I had known ahead of time. Overall Indonesia is an excellent country but like anywhere there are certain issues that can cause a little bit of a headache if nothing else. If you have had experience living or traveling extensively internationally before, it will be easy for you to adapt.

Not trying to freak you out, just passing on information that I wish I had known ahead of time. Overall Indonesia is an excellent country but like anywhere there are certain issues that can cause a little bit of a headache if nothing else. If you have had experience living or traveling extensively internationally before, it will be easy for you to adapt.
Hahah, true- I agree that the more information the better. We used to live in HCMC, so I reckon it won't be that much different in some ways to living in Bali- just different adjustments.

Speaking of headaches and such, and going back to the original discussion, a contact of mine just told me that I will need to go to the doctor each time I need to do an injection. It's still not clear to me if I can just get the meds at the pharmacy and do the injections myself* (much, much less of a hassle). *after getting a prescription locally, of course.

It depends on the doctor really. The doctor that prescribed Nebiddo would only do the injection in office, a different doctor prescribed Sustanon to pick up at a pharmacy but would only write the prescription for one at a time. If you want to buy a 10ml vial of generic testosterone and do your own injections, the only option is the gray market. Disclaimer, I am not an attorney or a doctor so I am neither giving legal or health advice, just noting my personal experiences.

HCMC is a great primer for Indonesia. I spent almost a year in Da Nang. Bali should seem pretty relaxed overall compared to HCMC.

Just a little update on my situation. It looks like we won't be moving to Bali after all!

It has been a very long and complicated story, but ultimately due to the continuing situation (covid), we won't be moving in the near future. Thanks for your help everyone!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819