Terns of C318 Visa

Purple29

Hi good people! My second post here, I think I need to reworded. I obtained C318 visa onshore in mid August, started ITAS / KITAS process but this is now pending Letter Renouncing WNI citizenship. Thanks for your guidance, I understand I need to email Konsulat or seek letter from AHU. This can take 1-2 months. Note on my Visa : I need to report to Immigration office within 30 days, which had been completed online.
Here’s where I need clarity:

1. Whilst I wait for the Letter (hence KITAS), can I legally remained staying in Indo under C318 ? The visa shows Lama Tinggal di Indonesia : 12 bulan OR do I need to switch another visa type ?

2. If for emergency I need to exit Indo before KITAS issued, will I get in trouble ?

Hoping any “ex” had similar experience to share. / or anyone with Visa terms’ expertise. My agent is not helping.
Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Visa validity is for its use not the length you can stay
Like a best before date
I presume u can stay 30 days or more whilst it being processed
Probably can extend those 30
Best to ask agent or immigration personally
Sorry

Visa validity is for its use not the length you can stay
Like a best before date
I presume u can stay 30 days or more whilst it being processed
Probably can extend those 30
Best to ask agent or immigration personally
Sorry
Thank you! I resorted to this forum since my agent not helping 😔
The wording on Visa :
Lama tinggal di Indonesia : 12 bulan
Tanggal terakhir Visa dapat digunakan : 12/11/21
The later date is I believe applies if one coming in from overseas (as they are using generic template for both offshore and onshore).

Thank you! I resorted to this forum since my agent not helping 😔
The wording on Visa :
Lama tinggal di Indonesia : 12 bulan
Tanggal terakhir Visa dapat digunakan : 12/11/21
The later date is I believe applies if one coming in from overseas (as they are using generic template for both offshore and onshore).

Yes, the tanggal terakhir is wording from an offshore visa. It is the latest date you can use to enter Indonesia.

Normally, you have one month from the time you enter Indonesia to convert your VITAS to KITAS, which is usually an almost guaranteed process, as technically you are pre-approved for the KITAS. They merely want to verify that all the paperwork you submitted online are the same offline.

Now your complication is that they require a letter showing you renounced your WNI status. Ideally, they should have requested this before the online VITAS is approved, so this puts you in a weird spot. So to answer your questions:

1. Not sure. It is better you contact immigration directly and see what their position is in this case. I imagine the front-line clerks will not know the answer and will have to ask a higher up.

2. If you exit Indonesia before your KITAS is issued, for sure your VITAS will expire, and you will have to obtain a new one. Additionally, when you leave Indonesia also becomes an issue, because if you leave after the 30 day grace period, and you still don't have a KITAS, technically you could be considered on overstay.

Yes, the tanggal terakhir is wording from an offshore visa. It is the latest date you can use to enter Indonesia.

Normally, you have one month from the time you enter Indonesia to convert your VITAS to KITAS, which is usually an almost guaranteed process, as technically you are pre-approved for the KITAS. They merely want to verify that all the paperwork you submitted online are the same offline.

Now your complication is that they require a letter showing you renounced your WNI status. Ideally, they should have requested this before the online VITAS is approved, so this puts you in a weird spot. So to answer your questions:

1. Not sure. It is better you contact immigration directly and see what their position is in this case. I imagine the front-line clerks will not know the answer and will have to ask a higher up.

2. If you exit Indonesia before your KITAS is issued, for sure your VITAS will expire, and you will have to obtain a new one. Additionally, when you leave Indonesia also becomes an issue, because if you leave after the 30 day grace period, and you still don't have a KITAS, technically you could be considered on overstay.
Thank you, you have articulated my issue very well. My agent said has tried to seek clarity from higher-up but seems not getting anything solid. I do need to exit the country at end of Sept, I am accepting the fact VITAS will expire then. My primary concern now is not to be considered overstay and the fine/consequences.
Any advice who I should see / talk to ?
Thank you again.

Try the following number on WA:

+62 82112953298

It is the WA of Dirjen Imigrasi’s Direktorat Izin Tinggal.

Thanks Sam! I sent a message yesterday on WA to this number. No response yet. I am super stressed, nobody knows whats the go on this issue.

Hi Purple I'm curious when did you find out that you needed the Renouncing Letter? Did your agent tell you right away as you are applying an ex-wni KITAS?

Could be now they are getting tighter with this ex-wni thing or I actually got my first KITAS as TKA first (Tenaga Kerja Asing) and no mention about the renouncing letter until my Indonesian NIK got 'caught' when my agent tried to apply for a KITAP extension/KTP OA. Ironically after all the nightmare, they issued a KTP OA for me with the same NIK as my WNI KTP....

Hi Banana.
Sounds like we had similar issue. My agent did not tell me about the “Renouncing Letter” right away, and I got the C318 Visa quickly. Its when they processed the Kitas, the letter was requested. Possibly as you said, they are getting tighter and I still have NIK on my family KK. (But why issued the Visa? …) I also had KITAS as TKA 6 years ago, worked here for 2 years then left Indo. No issue with my NIK then either.
They now insisted on the Letter for the KITAS and without one wont issue KITAS.
Curious - did you end up getting your Letter from AHU Online ? How long ?
And wow! I was hoping they can just carry on my NIK to KTP OA, but not my luck. They wanted to delist my original NIK. Which immigration office yours was ?
If you are happy to chat directly, kindly drop me a line at [email protected]
Cheers!

Hi Banana.
Sounds like we had similar issue. My agent did not tell me about the “Renouncing Letter” right away, and I got the C318 Visa quickly. Its when they processed the Kitas, the letter was requested. Possibly as you said, they are getting tighter and I still have NIK on my family KK. (But why issued the Visa? …) I also had KITAS as TKA 6 years ago, worked here for 2 years then left Indo. No issue with my NIK then either.
And wow! I was hoping they can just carry on my NIK to KTP OA, but not my luck. They wanted to delist my original NIK. Which immigration office yours was ?
Cheers!
My immigration office is the one at Jalan Angkasa..(Jakarta Pusat). I did not get a letter from AHU online. Pretty much (according to) my agent worked it out with them with...ya know what rubs fingers. The whole process took about 3 weeks for me. Interestingly they just use the same NIK as my KTP Indo, whereas a fellow ex has a different NIK for his KTP OA. I even had the extra hurdle of having to provide OJK's credit report (agent told me that the catatan sipil required it to make sure that i don't have debts as an Indonesian and trying to switch citizenship to avoid paying.. etc...it's just beyond dumb ). I don't know you might not have to do that...but just in case you needed to make KTP OA, you might need to log in to ojk's website, get your credit report (and I think it only works with KTP or passport).

Ironically after all the nightmare, they issued a KTP OA for me with the same NIK as my WNI KTP....
Now that you've mentioned it, I've just had a look at my SKTT number and realized that it's the same number as my WNI KTP. The only explanation for it is that they want to avoid people having "double data" (A WNA with a WNI KTP).

Could it be Purple29, that you had a NIK KTP but that you haven't got an E-KTP yet? Which is why it's not in the system and why there was no problem with KITAS beforehand?

I got my letter from AHU offline because it was before the pandemic. It took 3 months with the help of an agent who kept coming in everyday to check if it was finished or not. It came down to the fact that the person that signs it is pretty high-level (1 or 2 levels below a minister) and it's hard to get facetime so that he can sign it. On the flipside, they are a clean little section of the bureaucracy because when I hinted a few times to pay for "administration" to speed things along, the answer was "All our fees are listed on the website".

My immigration office is the one at Jalan Angkasa..(Jakarta Pusat). I did not get a letter from AHU online. Pretty much (according to) my agent worked it out with them with...ya know what rubs fingers. The whole process took about 3 weeks for me. Interestingly they just use the same NIK as my KTP Indo, whereas a fellow ex has a different NIK for his KTP OA. I even had the extra hurdle of having to provide OJK's credit report (agent told me that the catatan sipil required it to make sure that i don't have debts as an Indonesian and trying to switch citizenship to avoid paying.. etc...it's just beyond dumb ). I don't know you might not have to do that...but just in case you needed to make KTP OA, you might need to log in to ojk's website, get your credit report (and I think it only works with KTP or passport).
Thanks! When was this taking place? My office is South Jakarta.. maybe my agent did not “rub fingers” hard enough.. Thanks for the tip re OJK. You were lucky this “headache” happened for your KITAP and you’re on KITAS already. As I am on VITAS and this is for my KITAS, I only have 30 days grace period to convert. I dont have time as I need to exit Indo end of this month. I will need to start the process from zero in future. Do you mind dropping me a line re the Agent you used ? Thanks!

Thanks! When was this taking place? My office is South Jakarta.. maybe my agent did not “rub fingers” hard enough.. Thanks for the tip re OJK. You were lucky this “headache” happened for your KITAP and you’re on KITAS already. As I am on VITAS and this is for my KITAS, I only have 30 days grace period to convert. I dont have time as I need to exit Indo end of this month. I will need to start the process from zero in future. Do you mind dropping me a line re the Agent you used ? Thanks!
This was earlier this year. I'll message you..

I just want to contribute my shock at the unreasonable level of bureaucracy that requires you to prove that you are not a citizen... Isn't knowing who is a citizen kind of their job? On top of that, if they want proof, why the hell can't you file something at the CaSip to remove yourself from the system? It all feels kinda like a punitive burden placed on the "wayward" ex-citizen.
Hope it works out for you.

Any advice who I should see / talk to ?
Thank you again.

Normally I would tell you to go and visit your local Kantor Imigrasi, but with the PKPM restrictions that is out of the question for now.

Besides the WA number already given above, you can try connecting with them via their social media accounts. For some reason they respond more on their Twitter/IG rather than their official phone number.

Hi Banana.
Cheers!
hey Purple29, it took me about 1.5 months before I got the AHU letter. Have you started the application online?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back