teacher resigning early-financial penalty?

Hi everyone thanks for all the responses and sorry for not replying earlier. I have had a manic and stressful few days with this situation. All this is info has been great in giving a better understanding of the whole thing, because I don't know many teachers here.

May I ask, you say you want to resign for personal reasons but still stay in Jakarta?

Is this because you have another "better" job offer / more money etc?
Yes I do need to resign but I have some personal matters to handle in Jakarta, and this city is very much home and I do not want to leave just yet.

See that could be a problem because you are "supposed" to exit the country, then how will you get back in on a tourist visa before December?

First thing first expatinjkt....BLOODY BREATH!!!!!! Stressing ain't going to help. As Rudolf Abel said in Bridge of Spies when asked if he was worried, 'Why? Will it help?'

Second, with your personal matters in Jakarta, can they been worked on abroad or with someone you trust?

Third, have you explained the situation to the school? Perhaps they will allow you to take the time off and then return. As snpark mentioned about the tourist visa, it is unlikely you will be able to return to Indonesia

With very limited information and I get it, you don't want to completely open up to strangers on the interweb, it is hard to give a clear or better answers. We are kind of like 7-11. We aren't always doing business, but we are always open.

If you want to resign and still stay in Jakarta 1) the school will be suspicious and 2) you will need a new job / sponsor anyway. So you're kinda stuck.

Can't you take the job and request emergency personal leave? Are schools even back yet? Or online only

Most schools are back, but online. International schools like JIS are supposed to reopen in September, but I think everyone agrees it will be January at the earliest when schools reenter the school buildings.

This issue is so common we should have a questionnaire for the OP to fill so we have all the info from them.

Hi there! Very sorry for the late reply. I didn’t realise there were more messages since the last time I checked. Thank you for your messages and for caring to check in tough! I tried to talk to sort it out with my school and tell them I would stay till the end of term then leave,but unfortunately that was not possible because they insisted on the penalty, so I had to leave them immediately. In the meantime, I have found someone to help sort my kitas situation until I figure out the next step. Sorry again for the late reply 😅

Keep us posted on the " In the meantime, I have found someone to help sort my kitas situation until I figure out the next step " part of it

So did you leave the country and if so, how was it traveling back home(wherever that is)?

I don't think he has. And he didn't pay the penalty either. So I hope he keeps us updated because the "fun" is just starting

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819