1. We will be doing some work on the forum over the next few days which may result in the forum being inaccessible for some amount of time. Thank you for your patience.

Tax consultants

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Minuteman, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +35
    I just read a post on the "other" expat forum site from a person shown as "Just Another Bule" asking about tax consultants.

I cannot log-on there so cannot answer the post. Maybe some of you can pass this along.

I also checked with a few "Tax Consultant" businesses 4 years ago. They are very expensive. I went to the tax office and asked for help there. Guess what?? They have their own consulting staff and do not charge for the usage. This was in Tanah Abang and Tangerang. One for business and the other for personal tax computation and filing.

The staff were very helpful and assisted in filling out all the forms and determining what taxes I needed to claim/pay.

Can anyone tag "Just Another Bule" and advise him/her to go to his/her Kantor Pajak and ask for help from the government consulting staff? It will save him/her a lot of financial headaches.

Thanks,

2. dafluff

dafluff
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +576
    Or better yet, direct him to this post on this forum. :becky:

Also I second the sentiment. The tax office front line people, especially the younger ones, are excellent. Probably the most improved government service.

3. Minuteman

Ratings:
    +35

4. Banana72

Banana72 Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +32
    That forum is wacky....about a week ago i tried to log in..it said my password is 355 years old..so i changed it and when i did it won't log me in. :ohwell:

5. waarmstrong

waarmstrong Well-Known Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +310
    I can log in and have copied Minutman's comment into a reply on the other older forum as you cannot post an expatindo link there.

6. Minuteman

Ratings:
    +35
    Thanks. Hope that helps the guy there.