Tangkuban Perahu volcanic eruption.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
The volcano Tangkuban Perahu has just erupted this evening.
Some videos around in Twitter. @davidlipson is tweeting about it.
Here are some visuals I took from his page.

Luckily for us it is quite a few KM away.
Hope everyone is safe and that there were no casualties.

Fairly spectacular, I had promised my son that I would take him to visit Tangkuban perahu either this week or next as he loves volcanoes.

That plan might not be going ahead now...

Things appear to have decreased in activity , info taken from

Cool video! I didn't know TP was still active. I have a cool rock I picked up there, which shows very clearly a layer of ash, layer of dirt, layer of ash, layer of dirt...

I have seen pics around Twitter showing a clean up operation in the visitor area, not sure if it is open to the general public yet or not. Lots of other cool things to do though.

King Willy, I would suggest Kawah Putih to the south west of Bandung, it is a rather stunning volcano.

I have seen pics around Twitter showing a clean up operation in the visitor area, not sure if it is open to the general public yet or not. Lots of other cool things to do though.

King Willy, I would suggest Kawah Putih to the south west of Bandung, it is a rather stunning volcano.

True, also a good option.

Do all the active volcanos in Bandung affect the quality of the public water system there?

Cool video! I didn't know TP was still active. I have a cool rock I picked up there, which shows very clearly a layer of ash, layer of dirt, layer of ash, layer of dirt...

Sounds more like a description of your bluejeans after the hike.

Do all the active volcanos in Bandung affect the quality of the public water system there?
I have no idea, as I have well water.
Or I could label it as fresh mountain spring water... It doesn't stink if that is what you mean, but it does discolour bathroom porcelain.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back