Surat Domisili

Gregg in Solo

A little advice please,
Has anyone heard that the "Surat Domisili" is not required anymore since Sept. 14, 2018 to convert your KITAS to a KITAP? I am currently in the process of converting my KITAS to KITAP. I was shown an internal letter at the local city hall that the surat domisili was not to be issued anymore. Surely there must be some sort of new document to replace the Surat Domisili. Thank you in advance on any advice you my have.
Cheers all, Gregg

Last edited:

lifelongexpat

Cager
I recently renewed my kitas and a Surat Domisili wasn't required. They said the SKTT would be fine by itself.

Gregg in Solo

I recently renewed my kitas and a Surat Domisili wasn't required. They said the SKTT would be fine by itself.
lifelongexpat, Thank you for your reply
Yea, I never needed a Surat Domisili to renew my KITAS either but to convert my KITAS into a KITAP immagarsi has required the Surat Domisili that the mayor's (civil) office in Surakarta will not issue anymore. Maybe I just use the domisili issued by the local RT. There seems to be no help from the immagrasi office to inform us about the new procedure since the internal memo to the mayor's office not to issue the "Surat Domisili" anymore.
One would have to wonder if they are making it difficult to encourge us to use an arranger......

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Maybe I just use the domisili issued by the local RT
Yes, perhaps also stamped by the RW and in combination with the SKTT that @lifelongexpat mentioned, that could work.

Don’t forget to always ask for a copy (or make a picture) if they show you these internal memos btw, it could save you some worries and future trips.

Gregg in Solo

Yes, perhaps also stamped by the RW and in combination with the SKTT that @lifelongexpat mentioned, that could work.

Don’t forget to always ask for a copy (or make a picture) if they show you these internal memos btw, it could save you some worries and future trips.
Thank you jstar your thoughts on this problem. I am going back to the mayor's office to double confirm that they do not issue a Surat Domisili anymore. Will try to get a copy of the internal memo. They refused to let me take a photo of it last time. Thanks again, Gregg

Gregg in Solo

Hi @Gregg in Solo and welcome to the forum!

Imigrasi may accept surat domisili from rt/rw or kelurahan, however the correct identification document for KITAS holders is the SKTT.

More here: https://www.expatindo.org/sktt-and-ktp-oa/
Thank you dafluff for info and link to the website. It is very helpful not only for how to get the SKTT but also many other issues that expats face in Indonesia. Cheers Gregg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m17tgw
Top Bottom