Social culture and family visa can be convert to kitas

Hitesh Kumar

Hello guys, I already register my wife account in online visa immigrasi, I got the I'd and password for the same .. if I apply for social culture visa will I able to convert that visa into kitas .. and as I m planning to make kitas so I should have to book return ticket or only one way ticket for indonesia

The problem is that it seems that it is not possible anymore to convert a Visit (SosBud) visa into a KITAS. So that means you'd have to take the VITAS route.

Quite many threads on this forum discuss the necessary steps.

The moment you enter the country to obtain a KITAS, a return ticket is not necessary anymore. But the airlines often don't accept that (right away).

Bro,I mean I will come indonesia with social Visa and then I will go immigration becoz when I chdkx online it show two type of Visa online .one is social culture visa and other is mutliple visa which is from one to 5 yrs ..

It show four option
One is visit
Second is multiple
Third is limited stay
Fourth is limited stay on arrival
But in 3 and 4 it only have option for work or work purpose and so on
In visit it say social culture visa purpose is showing family
any education or for film star
Multiple visa showing purpose is for family

There have been several reports of immigration refusing to convert social cultural visa to KITAS within Indonesia. For example, see this thread. You are welcome to try it and see if it that is still the case.

In the case that they refuse to convert your social cultural visa, you will have to apply for VITAS. The procedure involves leaving the country to apply for it at an Indonesian embassy/consulate abroad. The steps for doing this are linked above by @jstar

As for the ticket, immigration almost never checks for return ticket in Indonesia. However, it may be required for the visa application. It will also be asked for by the airline, and they may make you buy one. My recommendation is just to buy a return ticket, or at least a ticket onward out of Indonesia. Maybe to Singapore, where you will probably go to to get VITAS anyway.

@dafluff I got wht he said, as i went to immigration they even can't talk properly and don't have information counter separately they just told we have to apply online but can anyone give the pics for the online how to apply for kitas online @jstar

Even I went to embassy of Indonesia in Kuwait the person he said I can apply for two mths visa one mth I can extend when in Indonesia and I can apply for kitas

Perhaps.

Are you sure you are using the right website? This one?

IMG_8324.jpg

Jstar you talk about this website right, I will try to check the user I'd and password which I got I will try to login if accepted wht should I have to do .. if not then I will try to register again .. pls bro help me for this

And also one more thing if I choose Kuwait for collecting visa how much time it take for vsia stamping normally ..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200209_155912_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200209_155912_com.android.chrome.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 296
The best way to apply for a Spouse Sponsored KITAS is to apply directly in Indonesia. To do so, the foreign spouse should first apply for a Single Visit Visa (Visa Kunjungan Satu Kali Perjalanan also known as SosBud Visa) in order to have plenty of time (up to 6 months) for the KITAS application procedure and a stress-free transition.
This wht immigration told to my wife when she visited @jstar

They can't tell you that, but some people on this forum reported they were sent away here at Immigration and they HAD to do it the 'VITAS way'.

Up to you, but it would be nasty surprise if you go through the hassle of a SosBud and then find out in RI they won't allow that anymore, right? Also additional costs. If you're already abroad, the VITAS route is not that much more complicated....

Like I said, you can give it a try if you're willing to take the risk.

Back and forth, forth and back but no one is saying for sure there is no longer a conversion fro sosbud to kitas. as for vitas, I thought that only pertained to particular countries.

Yeah there is no clear answer (yet). It's all from certain Kantor Imigrasi.

VITAS has become rather country independent because of the online system. You'd do it from anywhere, upload everything electronically and pick it up at any KBRI in the world. So the Indonesian embassies and consulates have been put out of action somewhat.

Yeah there is no clear answer (yet). It's all from certain Kantor Imigrasi.

VITAS has become rather country independent because of the online system. You'd do it from anywhere, upload everything electronically and pick it up at any KBRI in the world. So the Indonesian embassies and consulates have been put out of action somewhat.
Sounds like you need to leave the country when before you did not when converting from one to another.

The best way to apply for a Spouse Sponsored KITAS is to apply directly in Indonesia. To do so, the foreign spouse should first apply for a Single Visit Visa (Visa Kunjungan Satu Kali Perjalanan also known as SosBud Visa) in order to have plenty of time (up to 6 months) for the KITAS application procedure and a stress-free transition.
This wht immigration told to my wife when she visited @jstar

We were also told that in an Indonesian KJRI in Europe. But the reality was very different from that. When I wanted to change Visa Sosbud to Kitas, I was told that this is not possible anymore. So, do not believe everything they say in a KJRI abroad.

I do not know for sure if there are still some imigrasi in Indonesia that allow a conversion from Visa Sosbud to KITAS. But I would advice you to have a plan B. For example, the mentioned way via VITAS that you have to pick up outside of Indonesia (Singapore, Malaysia, for example). Also calculate the costs (flights from Indonesia and back to Indonesia, hotel in Singapore/Malaysia for a few days (because the VITAS process usually takes a few days), VITAS fees (not so cheap...)).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadeeshaf
Back