SmartFren Slow

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
I use SmartFren for my internet but for some reason this weekend it has been slower then slow. Takes a page forever to load if it does at all. Anyone else having a problem with their speeds this weekend using SmartFren? Can't call them because all you get it recorded choices and never a real person. Sent SMS to their number this morning but no reply. If it doesn't speed up really soon I will be changing providers.

Don't ditch them... yet!

I have MyRepublic and both Smartfren and MyRepublic are owned by SinarMas in Indonesia.

I received a message from MyRepublic yesterday stating that there was a problem with the undersea fiber optic cable and that there would be +/- 24 hours of slow speeds.

I can only assume that Smartfren goes through the same cables for international access as MyRepublic and that maybe that's why they are also slow this week-end.

When my internet speed is back to normal, I will post here.

Don't complain fastpitch17, there is more than 1 month now that I have no internet connection with speedy on our land line. Only unreliable and slow connection from our hand phones, and no other explanation than "gangguan massal" with no information about when the connection will be resumed. I am pretty impatient to receive a phone call from PT Telkom to claim the payment of our paket for November. I had my wife promising me that she would hand me the phone at the minute they call... The guy/gal should better keep the phone away from his/her ear before the blast...

Seems to be better now Monday Morning. I know there is normally some slow down on weekends but this was the slowest I have seen it here. Would have been nice for SmartFren to put up messages somewhere. Hopefully it keeps chugging along now. Thanks for the replies.

I briefly tested this morning and it seemed better, will check again when back home.

I tested this morning and it's still dead. At least it can only be better some day.

Happened to me too. Switched to BOLT & sadly, same slowness persist. Must be the weather :rofl:

It's better than this weekend but still not 100% for me. I'd say about 70%.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back