Small coffee shop

takeshi

Hey everyone ,,,

Last week I rented a shop with an Indonesian spouse. We want to run a small coffee shop. I will help the Indonesian spouse with some work.

My question may I ask if we need to establish a company (Usaha Dagang)? Or just need NPWP?

Hope you can share the experience, my english is not good, thank you.

Your Indonesian spouse? Or someone else's?
I presume you are here legally with kitas or kitap if she's your spouse?
I think yes to be official and legal you should have some form of corporate entity.

Your Indonesian spouse? Or someone else's?
I presume you are here legally with kitas or kitap if she's your spouse?
I think yes to be official and legal you should have some form of corporate entity.

My wife is Indonesian and I currently hold a kitas visa sponsored by my spouse.
I think so...So I asked this question ... Indonesian law is too complicated
Thank you :)

Hey everyone ,,,

Last week I rented a shop with an Indonesian spouse. We want to run a small coffee shop. I will help the Indonesian spouse with some work.

My question may I ask if we need to establish a company (Usaha Dagang)? Or just need NPWP?

Hope you can share the experience, my english is not good, thank you.

Usaha dagang is probably good, because you will still need to organize permits from the local government (SIUP - business license). Also wife will need NPWP.

Usaha dagang is probably good, because you will still need to organize permits from the local government (SIUP - business license). Also wife will need NPWP.

Thank you for reply

What should I do before I start business? Is this the order of priority?
1. Get NPWP
2. Established Usaha dagang
3. Get SIUP
4. Start business

Thank you

Your first priority is to get real. Stop. We are racing into a period of huge uncertainty with the Corona virus and many businesses catering with food and drink will soon disappear. I would suggest that now is definitely not the time to be outlaying money on a new business of almost any sort unless dealing in health and medication.

Yes UD is mostly used for warung etc. The private NPWP is used for the business activities, tax (1%) will be based on revenue then, not profit.

Depending on your investment, you'd need a TDUP or SIUP. You need to check that.

Something else you need to look into, is that depending on location, you might need a SLS (for those who handle f&b). Often that can be obtained over time though.

Like above, definitely do not do anything for next 3-6 months

If you are still serious I am sure they will be plenty of bankrupt coffee shops for sale

Remember, wasting money on fancy coffee (30days x 50rp) 1.5jt a month is the last thing poor people want to spend during a recession

"Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful" — Warren Buffett.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

"Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful" — Warren Buffett.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Very wise saying but how the hell does that apply in your case? Because many people are fearful of the Corona virus do you throw caution to the wind and open an up market, gourmet outlet and spend $50,000 on fittings?

With the current situation I'd suggest reconfiguring your idea to include a medicinal component such as jamu.

I would start the business small with no paperwork as your wife is Indonesian. See how it goes. You can apply for/get all the paperwork when all this is over.

I hope it is something different to the usual coffee with the sludge at the bottom.

In current situation you don't need free WiFi as that just encourages "gathering". Italian style Espresso maybe. Shots of coffee. Gulp and leave?

If you need a business model. Patroli Coffee in Karawang. Just don't open locations 2 and 3!

Would be good if Buffett followed his own advice sometimes, even as the master of the glib soundbite. His Berkshire Hathaway vehicle has performed poorly over the last 10 years, underperforming even a basic S&P500 tracker fund. His reputation as a master investor from previous decades is well deserved, but recently not so much.

Different world, different strategy. take all advice as input and in context. I'm not sure being greedy when others are fearful in this environment applies to opening a new coffee shop. Even in a world without the pandemic, a coffee shop is not the best investment. for every Anomali, Tanamera and 1/15 out there, how many hundreds of failed F&B businesses are there in the last few years?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819