Sissy bar for honda verio

steveandpenny

Cager
Does any one have a clue where i can get a sissy bar backrest for my honda verio 150 ? This is to make my wife contable on the back of the bike if we go more than 20 klicks. By the way we are up in manado if that helps.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
https://www.bukalapak.com/products?utf8=✓&source=navbar&from=omnisearch&search_source=omnisearch_organic&search[keywords]=sissy+bar

you'll probably have to have it shipped from Java- I'm not sure what is available in your part of the world.

Or go to the local Honda dealer and ask if they can get the sissy bar for you.
My bro in law works at a Yamaha dealer & he is a great font of knowledge for stuff for us.

If your Indonesian skills aren't great find a friend to ask for you.

My Indonesian is naff so I would just go in & say - hello, saya mencari "Sissy bar" untuk Honda Vario seratus lima puluh.
You will get a blank look or a "oh , yaaaa"
It helps to grab a photo of what you want & show it too- if you get the blank look.
(mencari - pronounced menchari)

steveandpenny

Cager
Thats perfect "r cameron". Even better than i was thinking of and made for our bike.

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
Hi Steve,
If you want to find it it Manado, forget about Bahasa Indonesia and use Bahasa Manado. It's only slightly different but you'd get a MUCH better chance to be understood, and people would not only appreciate but would definitively remember you and offer you an outstanding service most of the time, better than what an Indonesian him/herself would receive. But you already know that, don't you?

In the shop, go like this (or write it):
"Cewe (if female; use "cowo" if male or "ko'" if he's the chinese owner), boleh minta tolong... Kita cari jok penumpang voor Honda Vario... Supaya kita pe bini boleh basandar kalo torang bapontar... Ini de pe foto (show the pic). Ada yang bagitu pa ngoni?"

It's a bit long but that's a complete explanation of what you need along with the reason why you need it. It's an unusual request in Manado and if you don't explain it well you may have the blank stare only.

Alternatively, you can just shorten it by sticking the pic in front of them and asking "Ada yang bagitu pa ngoni?" But it may raise questions you may have hard time to answer to in Bahasa Indonesia/Manado.

I doubt you would find it in any Honda dealer in Manado. You may have a better chance in the shops selling spare parts and "variasi" that you would find pretty much everywhere in the city. There are quite a few of them in Malalayang in between Bahu and the Malalayang terminal.

On a different matter, I'll send someone your way today. My son certainly. Will give you a call. I am off to Bali tomorrow. Hope to see you when I'll be back.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anjacaba
Top Bottom