Shipping goods to from tokopedia to The netherlands

Dutchy

Hello,
Is there a way how I can ship goods from tokopedia to my hometown: The Netherlands?
kind regards,
Marius Kruis

Hello,
Is there a way how I can ship goods from tokopedia to my hometown: The Netherlands?
kind regards,
Marius Kruis

You can contact the seller directly and ask if he wants to send the goods to you directly (without using Tokopedia as a mediator).
Or you can ask someone in Indonesia to buy the goods and then forward them to you by mail.

Tokopedia doesn't do shipping outside of Indonesia. So your options are:

1. Talk directly to the vendor and do the transaction with them. This will mean there are no protection from Tokopedia should anything go wrong.
2. Ship the item to a friend in Indonesia and have them ship it to you.

If something is available on Tokopedia the chances are it is made in China (unless we’re talking locally made batik, or food or so). So then it might make more sense to order from AliExpress; they’re often cheaper too.

So then it might make more sense to order from AliExpress; they’re often cheaper too.

Good point. I often find that if I am in no hurry for something, I can order it cheaper from AliExpress and pay far less than the local seller wants for it.

You really wonder what the earning model of these online shops is. How is it possible to sell an item for €1.00 and offer free shipping to another continent? Must be huge (sponsorship) deals between Ali and postal services etc.

You can ship items from Tokopedia, but it is very round about and may not be worth it. There are a few ways. You can contact the seller and not have them ship the item at all and arrange for DHL, Fed-Ex, or UPS to pickup directly from the seller.

Some people also rent a work/share office location with a mailing address and hire someone to forward the package internationally. I have heard of rates as low as 500,000 IDR a month.

You really wonder what the earning model of these online shops is. How is it possible to sell an item for €1.00 and offer free shipping to another continent? Must be huge (sponsorship) deals between Ali and postal services etc.

This is one of the current issues with the Chinese trade war. As long as the company is registered in China as Chinese owned, the Chinese government subsidizes the shipping, making shipping virtually free and undercutting the world market. What is not paid for by the Chinese government is subsidized by developed nations postal systems under the universal postal union, because the shipping rates are below market rates under the UPU.

No directly via Tokopedia and a courier won't work and they won't allow it. Tokopedia contains the track and trace information. Which obviously doesn't support international shipments. That's also the reason why many auction and sales sites (as Catawiki) refuse customers in countries as Indonesia; the track & trace information is not integrated, the systems have no interface.

So only if you bypass them and make a deal directly with the seller, it would work.

And for an expensive item I would never do that here unless you can use a rather 'safe' system as PayPal. But no seller here will agree to that, they want a bank transfer.

If you'd consider dealing directly with the seller anyway, take the Indonesian Pos / EMS, they also offer track and trace. DHL c.s. will screw you, burden the seller with a lot of administrative requests and make sure you pay excessive customs. Besides the fact they are amazingly expensive.

I'm using gytmaja above for some stuff from Indonesia to Thailand so far so good.

So far two packages one very light the other 3 kgs have both been 600,000 - 650,000 to Thailand. Arrived within 7 days.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TopTalent
Back