Sharing: lifetime PureVPN Deal

El_Goretto

Cager
I know some of us use VPNs from time to time due to Indonesian restrictions.

I just stumbled upon this offer today: $69 for a lifetime subscription to PureVPN (a very well known VPN provider). The normal price for a lifetime subscription is $597. Monthly: $11. Yearly: $60.

So $69 for a lifetime is pretty awesome.

Here's the deal: https://depot.xda-developers.com/sales/lifetime-of-purevpn

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation whatsoever. Although consider how good a deal this is, maybe I should have!

I had no luck with PureVPN myself. For some reason after about 15 minutes connection, my entire house connection would disconnect for about 1 minute. It wasn't a wifi issue as even the wired connection to the cable modem dropped out. Didn't bother me too much but did bother everyone else connected to the internet at home. I think that my ISP (first media) had figured out the vpn and was blocking it somehow. I emailed back and forwards with pure and they asked me to keep changing settings but it didn't work. In the end i just switched back to a free vpn (turbo) and had no more issues. Sorry but i cant recommend Pure to anyone. I used Vypr before and it was great but more expensive. The free ones seem to work just fine for reddit etc.

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

I'm currently using Private Internet Access. I wish they would offer a lifetime subscription because I'd jump on it.

Not sure a lifetime subscription a good idea. Got a feeling it will be worthless in a couple of years. I've noticed that a lot more companies are noticing it when you are using a VPN now. Soon I think they will have software to trance it back very easy. I'll ride it out till than.
But it would be like buying a lifetime offer for vhs rentals someday soon.

Not sure a lifetime subscription a good idea. Got a feeling it will be worthless in a couple of years. I've noticed that a lot more companies are noticing it when you are using a VPN now. Soon I think they will have software to trance it back very easy. I'll ride it out till than.
But it would be like buying a lifetime offer for vhs rentals someday soon.

VPNs are not just for accessing blocked content (like reddit, netflix in Indonesia). They're useful for encrypting your traffic, like for instance when you're accessing your online banking from Starbucks wifi, which would be unsafe otherwise.

And moreover, a yearly subscription is $60 (about average for a VPN), for $9 more, you get a lifetime subscription. Worth it imo.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to pay the normal price of $597 for a lifetime subscription, that would be silly indeed.

VPNs are not just for accessing blocked content (like reddit, netflix in Indonesia). They're useful for encrypting your traffic, like for instance when you're accessing your online banking from Starbucks wifi, which would be unsafe otherwise.

And moreover, a yearly subscription is $60 (about average for a VPN), for $9 more, you get a lifetime subscription. Worth it imo.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to pay the normal price of $597 for a lifetime subscription, that would be silly indeed.

Good point

I paid about $60 for a 2 year PIA subscription. Nodes go down at times, but generally it works well. I've run into some hotels here that block all vpns I've tried to use.

By the way, Netflix doesn't need a vpn in Indonesia. At least my US account doesn't. Only if you're on a Telkom based internet where they block it. Netflix knows almost all PIA vpns, so rarely does one work. Thankfully First Media came into our neighborhood. Amazon Prime video is blocked here. They have some series available, but 90% are not.

I've never used a paid VPN before..how much better is it than the free ones? Like Firefox plug-in or Chrome's Hola? I'm sure it's better, but how MUCH better? Speed, downtime, etc.

I've used Hola a few times in the distant past, and while ok, I need something that works well on my ipad and phones.

I like the fact that I can choose amongst many different countries for the PIA vpn location. Like for random blocking, I just choose Singapore since the ping is very low. If I need to buy stuff that the website is blocked in Indonesia, I can pick any of the 8 or so US ones.

The most recent updates show you the up/down speeds, and pings.

I think, PureVPN and Nord are good options but PurePVN has advanced features like Antivirus, web filtering and etc but most of the people are complaining about connection issues? It's strange because I only faced once while connecting Skygo and it never happened again.
Did you try to contact their customer support?
& I connect my VPN in Singapore, it works fine. See their Singapore page. It will help you.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back