Safety and Security on the Road

Dave70

Cager
Something interesting for you @jstar, remote door lock hacked during traffic light stop in Surabaya, then bag snatched from passenger side of the car. Below was circulated in a Whatsapp group;

*_H O T N E W S..._*

*Hati-2 sekarang penjahat bisa buka kunci mobil Central Lock.....*

TEMAN, baru saja saya kerampokan dompet dan Hp di lampu merah Kimia Farma Jemursari Surabaya.

*Kronologisnya..... :*
Saya pulang kantor sekitar jam 19 lewat seperti biasanya di Jl. Raya Tenggilis dan sampai di lampu merah Kimia Farma saya berhenti di sisi kiri urutan pertama.

Didepan mobil saya banyak motor....... Lampu merah baru sekian detik saya buka Gadget di pangkuan terus mendadak saya kaget .... *bunyi lock pintu penumpang tiba-2 terbuka dan tangan orang yg naik motor di sebelah mobil saya sudah menarik tas saya di jok depan......*

Karena kaget saya sempat tarik tas saya tapi sudah terlambat, tas berhasil ditarik keluar dan mereka menutup pintu mobil lagi dan langsung ngebut belok arah kiri ke arah Superindo jl Raya Jemursari.

Saya shock setengah mati karena belum pernah mengalaminya sehingga kaki saya jadi lemes nggak sanggup keluar mobil maupun teriak-2 minta tolong, cuma bisa menoleh ke belakang sepertinya nggak ada yg tahu sampai lampu hijau menyala dan harus jalan.......

*Jadi saya langsung pulang dan sampai di rumah segera saya blokir Kartu Kredit* dan lanjut lapor ke kantor polisi. Dan sampai sekarang hanya Indosat yg tidak bisa ditelp utk diblokir..

Semua ini saya sharing agar teman-2 lebih ber hati-2.

Karena sekarang kejahatan semakin marak dan mereka makin canggih. Buktinya mobil saya sudah terkunci semua secara otomatis saat saya sedikit saja tekan kopling. Jadi tidak mungkin saya lupa kunci pintu mobil,
tapi toch mereka bisa buka dengan cepat di situasi yg ramai.

Musibah ini menjadi pelajaran yg sangat berharga buat saya.

*Sekali lagi hati-2 :*
1. Meskipun mobil sudah terkunci secara otomatis sebaiknya tas/dompet/benda berharga lainnya diletakkan di bawah kaki kita saja. Sehingga tidak memancing tindakan kejahatan.

2. Meskipun kita duduk dikursi penumpang sebaiknya tas/dompet juga diletakkan dibawah dikaki kita.

3. Saat mengendarai mobil ataupun berhenti di lampu merah *jangan* memaksakan diri *gunakan gadget*.
Hal ini membuat kita lengah dengan situasi disekitar kita.

What thieves usually do is they use some kind of relay between the real key fob and the car. It requires the car to be fairly close to the key fob (so, like in the driveway and the key inside the house). The relay amplifies the key fob or the car's signal (forgot which), thus establishing a connection.

Sorry not so much time to respond but yes, a couple of things tell me this can't be really a hacked system, but a detective system, or plain forgetfulness, or a misunderstanding how the auto lock works. Or a hoax of course.

It can not be that your car automatically locks its doors when you press the kopling (clutch). Unless it it is very rare aftermarket installation. The speed of the car normally is the determining factor of the auto lock to kick in.

The FOB (frequency operated button) was not used by the driver so the signal could not be intercepted at all. And it seems very improbable someone would intercept the signal somewhere when (s)he got in and then follow the car on a motorbike, activate the signal, etc.

About the amplification method that @El_Goretto describes; now that is a real problem. Very popular way to steal cars in Europe, where there are not that much gates and fences. So there have to be two car thieves, one stands at your door or window and tries to pick up the signal from your FOB. The signal is sent to the car which can be opened and there they go... So it is wise to keep a distance between your car keys and the door. Even better is to store the keys in a metal container like a tin or can, then the signal is blocked.

I fully agree with the conclusion from this person about handbags and valuables btw. There is nothing easier than smashing a side window (it is almost always non layered glass) and taking something from the seat next to the driver. In cities like Brussels many ladies already lost their cherished LV.

One reason they don't do that so often over here, is the use of foil to shade the windows. It makes the interior practically invisible (they simply can not see what is inside) and the foil also acts as glass fortifier. That is another reason I'm a bit skeptical about the whole thing.

Of course the old scam is kick the bumper hard, feels like a collision, activates the airbag and that unlocks the central locking to help fire rescue get access, I guess only if ignition on

Yesterday the Innova I was sitting in, was hit hard from the back by a motorcycle. Quite some damage to the bumper but no way the doors automatically opened. Then you really need to crash.

According to a respondent in the WA group, it also happened to a sibling of his while on board a Toyota Innova. They reported it to Astra which is still investigating the matter.

Adikku sudah kena juga di daerah RS Adi Husada Surabaya.
Dia duduk dibelakang sopir n tas dia letakkan di atas bangku sisi pintu/sebelah kanan.

Pas lampu merah mobil berhenti, mendadak pintu dibuka orang n mau mengambil tasnya.
Untungnya dia pernah baca bhw kalau ada yg ambil tas ..........
*segera dia tarik tasnya ke arah bawah*.

Jadi langsung dia tarik tasnya ke bawah sampai penjahatnya mau jatuh dan langsung mereka kabur, jadi tas adikku selamat.
Adikku lapor ke Astra karena mobilnya Toyota Innova........

Kata mereka memang ini modus kejahatan baru yg juga mereka sedang pelajari.

Maka sebaiknya *tas diletakkan di lantai mobil saja* jangan menggoda selera penjahat untuk merampok kita
TERUTAMA UNTUK IBU-2 yg suka setir mobil sendiri....

Ah ya.

But according to social media here (I know, take it with a bucket of salt), it was a special version of having legs crossed?

So not this:

But this:

images

Of course the guy has some mental issues...

The guy is a consultant loh, but what kind of consultant? :frusty:

The article suggests that the guy doing the stabbing is a nut job; extrapolating this outlier into a social statement on acceptable sitting etiquette is nutty as well.

Perhaps he had a problem with the smell of sweaty feet?

Talking about safety and security on the road; just before he dropped me off at a mall, the Grab car was hit by another car. I got out and made pictures of the small pick-up truck. Told the driver I could send them to him but he said it was okay.

Ten minutes later he called me and asked if he could have the pics after all since the driver had done a hit and run (they agreed to deal with it on the road side).

The article suggests that the guy doing the stabbing is a nut job; extrapolating this outlier into a social statement on acceptable sitting etiquette is nutty as well.

Actually, when I first arrived in Indonesia, I was told not to sit cross-legged as it is offensive to reveal the dirt on your sole of your shoes. Ironically, some years ago, an Indonesian sat beside me at the airport and he was sitting cross-legged with his bare feet towards my side (he was wearing flip flop). I do not know if it was done intentionally or not, but I feel uncomfortable. So it was just a tip to avoid trouble, I didn't say it is the etiquette practiced here.

God forbid what the guy would have done to someone farting during prayer.

Can’t see the license plates so I would guess Thailand or Malaysia?

Something you don’t see so much anymore (use of foil? use of drivers?) is the theft of expensive watches.

Can’t see the license plates so I would guess Thailand or Malaysia?

Something you don’t see so much anymore (use of foil? use of drivers?) is the theft of expensive watches.

Sorry for late reply. Yes, you are right, can't see the license plates. It was forwarded by someone from Jakarta, but not sure where it happened. Anyway, I think we need darker tint for our cars now.

Can you elaborate about "use of foil" and the theft of expensive watches?

Because you can see through the window what watch the guy wearing, so some tinted window prevents that or also it is safety strength so harder to smash the glass to grab the watch or bag

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back