Rock and Roll: Another earthquake

Puspawarna

Cager
That would have felt pretty intense, I imagine.

When I was starting out as an adult and figuring out what to do with my life, I had a chance to move to San Francisco, which I turned down because I didn't want to live somewhere that had earthquakes.

Little did I know I'd end up spending 17 years living in the earthquake-prone "Ring of Fire." (Not that I experienced a lot of quakes in Jakarta - I only remember 3 or 4.)

Dharma Police

Same here. Anytime they see or hear Indonesia, it must be close to either Bali or Jakarta.
When I vacationed here in 94' one of my friends joked, "Aren't you afraid you're gonna get caned there?". He was referring to the infamous Michael P. Fay case, in Singapore. I wanted to just kick him in the head.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
When I vacationed here in 94' one of my friends joked, "Aren't you afraid you're gonna get caned there?". He was referring to the infamous Michael P. Fay case, in Singapore. I wanted to just kick him in the head.

When I moved back to Texas rom Scotland, a few months later there was an explosion at a fertilizer storage and distribution in a tiny town called West, Texas, about 2 hours south of Dallas. I lost count how many of my friends from Scotland were messaging me on Facebook to make sure I was okay.

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
I got asked once if, living in Indonesia, I wasn't afraid of a possible invasion and war with... Pakistan. It took me a few seconds to realize that for him if India and Indonesia share a few letters in their name they must be the same.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
This is starting to remind me of one of the most common question I have been asked about Scotland and Indonesia: What do they eat over there?

snpark

Cager
Well the capital is definitely Sydney

Like New York is the capital of Uhmerica
Sorry "USA" lol

Helpful Herbert

I was hiring a car in Heathrow in late 2018 just after the Palu tsunami. The lady looked at my Indonesian driving licence and started thanking me profusely for all the amazing work that people like me were doing to help the poor people of Palu. I just said "It's really the least I could do, it's important to help those less fortunate or those who suffer from natural disasters". Then I started explaining all the difficulties people have in Indonesia - it actually made me feel quite emotional by the end of our chat, even though all I had done was look at videos of the tsunami on youtube.

snpark

Cager
I remember the old British joke about Beckham joining Newcastle FC - oh I can't play for them, all I read about is the Tsunami (Toon Army) killing thousands in Asia

Almost beats the Bush / Trump one - 3 Brazilians killed in US Embassy attack in Iraq - Oh my God that's terrible. Mike remind me again how many is a Brazilian?

Finally Paddy and Murphy at the airport booking a one way ticket to Jeopardy. Saleslady says where? Paddy says oh we are unemployed and sign outside says 10,000 auto jobs in Jeopardy

Boom boom tish thankyou, here all week.

Dharma Police

This is starting to remind me of one of the most common question I have been asked about Scotland and Indonesia: What do they eat over there?
All I know about Scottish food is haggis and deep fried Mars bars and pizza, but my friend from Glasgow said I pretty much covered it.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
All I know about Scottish food is haggis and deep fried Mars bars and pizza, but my friend from Glasgow said I pretty much covered it.

Neeps & Stovies. I cooked up a big pot of stovies not long ago. Delish.

Add fish and chips, pies, and curry, then you bases are covered.

BA, can I go/grab order stovies from you? :hungry:

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
Add fish and chips, pies, and curry, then you bases are covered.

BA, can I go/grab order stovies from you? :hungry:
Hehe, I really should set up some cooking business. I am inconsistent though :)
It would have to be whatever was on the menu on a set day :D I am whimsical... today is steak pie and scones - baking day.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
It would have to be whatever was on the menu on a set day :D I am whimsical... today is steak pie and scones - baking day.

I will take that too.

nosox

Charter Member
Cager
where to order?????

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aji
Top Bottom